Brembo On Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Brembo website does offer a kit for the rear, but it appears they have "Brembo" on them. Not the end of the world, but the GMC logo would be nice.
Contacted GM people that worked on the Brembo fronts and said they are not offering matching rears, BUT there should be a red rear option on the 2021, it's a different rear caliper like the new pickup trucks now use. REALLY STUPID not to offer matching rears cause the Brembo/GM calipers are very nice

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contacted GM people that worked on the Brembo fronts and said they are not offering matching rears, BUT there should be a red rear option on the 2021, it's a different rear caliper like the new pickup trucks now use. REALLY STUPID not to offer matching rears cause the Brembo/GM calipers are very nice
Looks like I'll need to buy the Brembo's and ignore the logo mismatch. Thank you for checking!

IZZY_BRITTON

Reaction score
Got more pics? What year is your Tahoe? What does this kit consist of? Is red the only option? GM kit part (s)? How much was it?

Thanks in advance

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like I'll need to buy the Brembo's and ignore the logo mismatch. Thank you for checking!
The problem is you need to go slotted or drilled on the rear Brembo rotors, and I am afraid that mismatch will look worse that the caliper mismatch, also the Brembo uses 2 piece rotors and the GM/Brembo kit uses 1 piece rotors. I don't regret getting the GM large fronts, for the price they are a GREAT upgrade, I do have an issue with GM being so f'in STUPID not to offer a rear match. Next time I may go with Callaway's brake package if GM doesn't offer a better looking option

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got more pics? What year is your Tahoe? What does this kit consist of? Is red the only option? GM kit part (s)? How much was it?

Thanks in advance

Do not have pics with me at this location, will post when we get back. Red is the only color GM offers, although I have powder coated my Wilwoods and Baer calipers many different colors, just make sure to rebuild the caliper pistons if ou do this because the powder coating can damage the "O" rings, so you could change the GM red to any color. Price was slightly over 2k, think they list for 2795.00, that's calipers, rotors and pads.

2019 RST Callaway Tahoe
560 supercharge pachage (this is for the 6.2) (5.3 get the 480 package)
Callaway handling package
Callaway sport steering wheel
Callaway 5 year 60k warranty

From the Callaway site

Callaway GenThree™ Supercharger with TripleCooled™ Intercooler System …more info
Callaway Carbon Engine Covers with SC480, SC560 Emblems
Callaway Honker™ Air Inlet System
Callaway Low Restriction Exhaust System
Callaway Embroidered Floor Mats
Callaway Key Fobs
Callaway Badging, Exterior and Interior
Callaway Underhood Plaque with Vehicle Identification Number
Callaway Authenticity Documentation Package
Callaway 3 year/36,000 mile Limited Warranty (standard)

SUV Handling Packages lower the vehicle 2” in the front and 3” in the rear. They retain the original MagneRide dampers, but add lower front spindles, original front springs, and shorter, increased-rate rear springs. Larger diameter front and rear antiroll bars are installed, increasing roll-stiffness without affecting ride quality. • Level 1 Pickup Truck Handling Packages lower the vehicle 2” in the front and 3" in the rear. Front lowering spindles are employed to maintain proper suspension and steering geometry. MagneRide-equipped vehicles retain the factory-tuned front and rear dampers and springs. Non-MagneRide-equipped vehicles receive new dampers with improved low speed compression and rebound characteristics. • Level 2 Pickup Truck Handling Packages have a minimum 3" front drop and 5" rear. To achieve this ride height, the rear spring mounts are relocated to the bottom of the rear axle tube and specific shackles and hangers are installed. Revised, higher-rate front springs are also used, matched to either the MagneRide-equipped dampers or to a shorter, fixed-valve damper with revised compression and rebound characteristics. • For more Callaway Handling Package information, see www.callawaycars.com/homepage/cars/suspension.

Vehicle Application Ride Height GM SUV’s 2018-2019 with and without MagneRide (Magnetic Ride Control) Lowers 2” Front/3-4” Rear GM Pickups 2018 Level 1, with and without MagneRide (Magnetic Ride Control) Lowers 2” Front/3” Rear 2018 Level 2, without MagneRide (Magnetic Ride Control) Lowers 3” Front/5” Rear

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is you need to go slotted or drilled on the rear Brembo rotors, and I am afraid that mismatch will look worse that the caliper mismatch, also the Brembo uses 2 piece rotors and the GM/Brembo kit uses 1 piece rotors. I don't regret getting the GM large fronts, for the price they are a GREAT upgrade, I do have an issue with GM being so f'in STUPID not to offer a rear match. Next time I may go with Callaway's brake package if GM doesn't offer a better looking option
In retrospect - I should have purchased the Callaway brake kit and I'd have the matched set.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ those are fronts

for whatever reason GM still doesnt have a rear kit.
but you know , they never really listen to their customers ;)

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not having rears also makes no sense.

I have seen the red caliper cover plates I have been considering getting just for now, but im wondering if the color will be close enough

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy

Latest posts