Brembo Brake Upgrade. WARNING

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
I had The Brembo upgrade done to my 2015 Yukon Denali. Loved the Brakes and stopping Power. Warning I had a flat tire right front from a nail. The Spare tire WILL NOT FIT OVER THE Brembos. Had to swap back w front and put spare on the rear. Will be getting a bigger rim on the spare. I have the 22s

rumline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Does a full size spare fit under the truck? I mean exact same diameter as well as width?

OP
OP
AWSMBLU

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning. Does a full size spare fit under the truck? I mean exact same diameter as well as width?
It was the standard full size spare. Steel rim

rumline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right, I'm asking if a matching wheel and tire will fit in the spare carrier as opposed to the reduced width spare that comes with the vehicle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stock size tire on a stock 22" wheel should fit. On the GMT900, they had a different hoist for the 22" wheel. Take an existing wheel and winch it up and see. The Brembos need a 20" and larger wheel if memory serves. Regardless, it's always a good idea to carry an old school plug kit and even a can of fix-a-flat. In addition to those and the spare, we also carry an air compressor.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a Nissan Armada 20” wheel (has the same bolt pattern and required offset). Mount a 275/55 tire and you will have a good spare combo.

OP
OP
AWSMBLU

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited my Gmc Dealer today. Was show Gms answer to the issue. A TSB that it requires a 2 tire swap in order to fix, Back to front. My biggest complaint and will be calling to file one, No where on there accessories or Ordering Vehicle website are you given any information when making your purchase. GM Needs to add a statement or pop up box that informes folks before making your decision to order.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight from Brembo's website when they made the announcement about teaming up with GM on Big Brakes for these trucks:

The Brembo Performance Brake Upgrade System fits vehicles optioned with 20 or 22-inch wheels, EXCEPT the SEU option wheel. This product does not void the new vehicle limited warranty when installed by an authorized dealer.

Brembo Performance Brake Upgrade System part numbers:
· Chevrolet - 84263234
· GMC - 84263235
· Cadillac – 84263236

So if they say it fits vehicles with 20" or 22" wheels, I know I would have enough common sense to know the Brakes aren't going to clear a smaller diameter wheel.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Definitely an oversight - but even when I did my Wilwoods, I knew the spare wouldnt fit, requiring a 2 wheel swap. Likewise with my lift, a 17" spare wont clear the spindle. While I dont agree with it since its a GM part, I highly doubt they will do anything about it.

cbraga

Reaction score
I have an oem 22" GM wheel and a 285/50/22 (33.27x11.69) Toyo ridge grappler for my spare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon