Brand of front end parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1968fury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need to replace the upper and lower ball joints in the yuion xl. I’m leaning towards using moog parts since one parts store said moon was the best for the truck. I want some others opinions please. Thank you ,
Charlie

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I need to replace the upper and lower ball joints in the yuion xl. I’m leaning towards using moog parts since one parts store said moon was the best for the truck. I want some others opinions please. Thank you ,
Charlie
GM OE is the best. Moog's CK Series is literally the same as ACDelco Gold/Professional and good. The RK line is like Detroit Axle, only use if you are broke or selling the car to someone you don't like.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM original parts. I did my 07 Yukon XL Denali front end 2 years ago with GM parts. No regrets.

OP
OP

1968fury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s a 2005 gmc Yukon xl 1500 with 5.3z engine and about 91300 miles. I’m tryin* to track down a whirring noise front what seems to be the left front side While the truck is moving. I checked the front diff oil and added a little. I greased the ball joints and inner tie rod ends when I noticed the ball joint boots had a few holes. Could low Oil in the transfer case cause noise? Thank you . Charlie

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a 2005 gmc Yukon xl 1500 with 5.3z engine and about 91300 miles. I’m tryin* to track down a whirring noise front what seems to be the left front side While the truck is moving. I checked the front diff oil and added a little. I greased the ball joints and inner tie rod ends when I noticed the ball joint boots had a few holes. Could low Oil in the transfer case cause noise? Thank you . Charlie
wheel hub is usually the prime suspect, but the front diff could be noisy, mine was noisy when 4x4 was engaged but not when it was in 2wd

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Does the noise get louder while at speed and a slight turn right? That would add a larger load to that hub bearing by doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts