Brake Fluid Actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'04 Escalade ESV

Mechanic says I have a bad brake fluid actuator, $1700, but it's an obsolete part. They will try to find one. Keep adding brake fluid and keep driving.

Does that sound right?

OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called and got a correction. It's a bad brake pressure modulator valve. And now that I know what to search for, I see it's discontinued.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brake pressure modulator valve
Typically it is called a ABS pump, you can find them at the junkyard or ebay, LKQ, etc
a new one may not be found, no reason you cannot install a used one for a fraction of the price
it's just part of owning a older vehicle............
some shops may try to throw you off by calling it something obscure and make you buy something at higher cost.

it's part of the abs pump, you likely won't find it seperate, just get a whole used pump

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NotJLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shop is a NAPA shop, so they won't work with used parts. They were not concerned about keeping the brake fluid reservoir filled and just keep on driving.

I don't have a part number because there are several part numbers when I search, and I can't confirm which one is for my vehicle . . . 2004 Escalade ESV Platinum AWD 6.0 liter.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The shop is a NAPA shop, so they won't work with used parts. They were not concerned about keeping the brake fluid reservoir filled and just keep on driving.

I don't have a part number because there are several part numbers when I search, and I can't confirm which one is for my vehicle . . . 2004 Escalade ESV Platinum AWD 6.0 liter.
What are the brake codes off the SPID label?

IMG_1062.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019