Bouncy Bouncy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ammar456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been used to driving sport cars for the past 6 or 7 years so, and now that i've shifted to a Tahoe, she's pretty bouncy (shes fine on flat roads but considering i'm in an area with pretty uneven roads it gets pretty annoying). That's great for offroading but I hardly do any of that so...

What's the best way to cut this down to a minimum? Lowering? Sway Bars? I'm pretty new to 4x4 modding in general.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What trade-offs are you will to make and how much do you want to spend?

Upgraded shocks will help dampen rebound and IMO would be the best to address your bounce issue. Sway bars would be a good addition since you do not offroad and will help reduce pitch/roll (does not directly address bounce).

What size wheel and tires do you have? Larger wheels with reduced tire wall height can reduce the bounce. Depending on the sizes, ride can be harder.

As far as lowering, it just reduces travel and in most cases degrades the ride quality(harder). But they sure do look great. Hopefully those that have lowered will chime in.

Good luck and let us know what you get with a review.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Shocks will def. help, I can sell you some new Bilstein rear HD shocks if you want, they are the best and most popular for these new Tahoes.
PM if you are interested.

OP
OP
A

ammar456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im on stock 17"s at the moment but should be pushing up to 22 or 24's in the next two weeks or so, looking around at the moment.

I have two option when it comes to lowering, either a standard 2/3" lowering, or an airbag setup. I know a bunch have lowered normally so any feedback is useful, but how about airbags? Any idea if those cause issues (softer, harder ride?)

From your posts it seems shocks might be the way to go, will do a bit of research first.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
I say you just run straight up springs with no struts or shocks. Would ride like a dream. (Until you puke your guts out that is... )

What these guys have suggested is the way to go.

-E

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
LoL Co Tahoe I was going to ask if you are crazy, then I fully read it.
On these NNBS trucks lowering with springs alone will not cut it, I lowered mine with springs alone and until I got new shocks it rode like a pregnant donkey that has to take a dump over bumps lol.:hands:
But I am selling my rear lowering kit to if you are interested, happens to be a coincedence that I have what you want.
Also Airbags will ride the best, but def. not worth it for what you are doing. Just bagging the rear alone would run you atleast $650 for a decent setup.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shocks will def. help, I can sell you some new Bilstein rear HD shocks if you want, they are the best and most popular for these new Tahoes.
PM if you are interested.

Ummm I beg to differ no offense. I know it's all personal preference. But for a slightly stiffer ride with less body roll and a more "sports car" kind of feel, Belltech Street performance shocks have my vote hands down. I tried Mgaughy's, Monroe, Billstein, and now my 2nd set of Belltech Streets in that order and just can't say enough about the Bells..

B

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh, well Boss I meant for a stock height ride Bilstein would do good.
Belltech SP shocks are what I am switching too but its meant for lowerd cars with big wheels mainly.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
stock height the belltech street performance shocks work great on. Ive done 3 of them so far. much better ride then the billsteins

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah I agree the Bilsteins may roide nice in regualr conditon but it wont stand up anything close to abnormal stuff like the Bilsteins will. Also it will last alot longer.

BTW, I don't want anyone to think im trying to push it because I don't need the Bilsteins anymore, just my opinon, could care less becuase at the price im selling them they will be gone before Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon