Bose HU- no rear channel output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 w Bose non-lux. Replaced Bose amp and door speakers and kept stock HU. Dis-connected a-pillar tweeters and d-piller 3.5” fillers. Ran speaker wires from HU into amp. Front speakers work great. Rear speakers don’t play unless I plug them into front channels of amp. I believe I’m not getting any signal from HU rear channels. Anyone else have this issue? If the HU is bad, guess I will be trying to find a stock HU replacement for anyone sitting on one. I’m in Houston BTW.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008 w Bose non-lux. Replaced Bose amp and door speakers and kept stock HU. Dis-connected a-pillar tweeters and d-piller 3.5” fillers. Ran speaker wires from HU into amp. Front speakers work great. Rear speakers don’t play unless I plug them into front channels of amp. I believe I’m not getting any signal from HU rear channels. Anyone else have this issue? If the HU is bad, guess I will be trying to find a stock HU replacement for anyone sitting on one. I’m in Houston BTW.
you can easily check if the hu is putting out rear audio by adjusting the fade to rear and attach a speaker to the rear output

OP
OP
wheatswake

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, just to understand. Rear Output of HU? I will give that a try. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wheatswake

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my bad guys. Californian basically figured it out. Lesson learned. I did not have the rear controls plugged in (console removed) even though they were not active once I did plug them in. Seems the HU needs to at least have the input from the rear controls. All door speakers working and they JAM! Also nice to get rid of PAC LOC (using a Fosgate 400x4ad that can handle speaker line inputs w Infinty 62.11I front and 6532IX rear). I did buy a used HU last night on EBAY for $140, guess I got a spare now. Thanks to everyone and have a great weekend.

Californian

Reaction score
Sorry, my bad guys. Californian basically figured it out. Lesson learned. I did not have the rear controls plugged in (console removed) even though they were not active once I did plug them in. Seems the HU needs to at least have the input from the rear controls. All door speakers working and they JAM! Also nice to get rid of PAC LOC (using a Fosgate 400x4ad that can handle speaker line inputs w Infinty 62.11I front and 6532IX rear). I did buy a used HU last night on EBAY for $140, guess I got a spare now. Thanks to everyone and have a great weekend.

I figured this out when i had my interior pulled out. I didn't have my rear controller plugged in for a few days. Then when i did plug it back in i was playing with it and figured out what was happening. Glad it was a simple fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadawson74