Body Control Module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was this simply just a random discovery, or did you discover the BCM, while troubleshooting another issue?
Discovered it while attempting to replace the Mode Door Actuator. I know someone is going to say they replaced this actuator in ten minutes. It takes ten minutes just to remove all the parts to even get to it let alone remove it.

DSCF3733.JPG DSCF3734.JPG

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discovered it while attempting to replace the Mode Blend Actuator.

I was curious, as I recently replaced mine, and I got to learn how to program the replacement BCM, using the Tech 2, with the guidance of the folks here on the Forum.

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was curious, as I recently replaced mine, and I got to learn how to program the replacement BCM, using the Tech 2, with the guidance of the folks here on the Forum.
When I looked up the P/N which was on a white sticker on the bottom of it I discovered what it was. I thought a Body Control Module why does the truck need this because I am in control of it at all times. I also thought it might be the ''Black Box'' but those are mounted on the floor of the truck in the middle you have probably seen them if you have taken the seats out of your truck. They are silver and have a sticker that says Do Not Remove.

OP
OP
JonnyTahoe

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did you need to replace your BCM? Both my trucks are 20 years old with the original units.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you need to replace your BCM? Both my trucks are 20 years old with the original units.

I had a constant B1000 Performance ROM Failure code, and while everything controlled by the BCM seemed to work fine in the truck, this code suggested a hardware issue within the BCM, and I was concerned that something would actually fail at some very inconvenient time in the future, such as on a long trip, so I decided to be proactive and replace it now. It turns out that the BCM in the truck was a Dorman brand, so it had previously been replaced before I purchased the truck. I replaced it with an ACDelco BCM, and I have no trouble codes now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33