BMW and Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TV32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the way BMW's electronics stay on when the car is started? I'm talking in particular about how the radio doesnt miss a beat if your listening to it with the engine off and then start the car. Is this possible in a tahoe, or does it have something to do with BMW's electronics?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's just the way the electrical system is built. The vehicle seems to restart everything once you turn to IGNITION even if you've already powered everything up in the ON posiiton.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 BMW & the 2007 Tahoe ....... both work the same way regarding your question. They both will eventually cut power to the electronics if the power isn't manually turned off or the vehicle isn't started.

OP
OP
T

TV32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right, but you know how the radio isn't interrupted when you start the vehicle? Its just a smooth feature that hasn't made it's way aceoss the pond yet I guess. I have an aftermarket nav/stereo and I feel like I'm hurting it when I'm listening to music and then it just cuts off when I start the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito