Bluetooth on non xm radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tmg115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a product that will allow me to get bluetooth on my stock tahoe radio that does not have xm.

I have a fleet tahoe that did not come with XM or onstar.

All the products I have found say i have to have xm on my radio.

I am only looking for a way to listen to music from my phone. My aux jack is broke so i can no longer use that.

Or maybe there is another option out there for me to hook my phone up to my radio?

I do not want an aftermarket radio. I really like my stock unit. I'm just needing a way to listen to music from my phone.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
T

Tmg115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/FM-Transmitters-MP3-Player-Accessories/b?ie=UTF8&node=13981621

FM modulator/transmitter... some use the headphone jack on your phone some use Bluetooth.

You connect it to your phone and set the frequency on your radio to an unused FM station and set the frequency on the transmitter to the same station and VIOLA!!!

I have tried those with little luck. I live in the dallas area and almost every station is used. This always causes bleed over through the radio.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your Aux jack fixed or get another oem radio. My daughter has a little bluetooth adapter that plugs into the audio jack so she can use her phone through the radio.

OP
OP
T

Tmg115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone come out with a solution to this? I am currently using an fm transmitter but the quality is terrible. I would really like to direct wire into my factory radio bluetooth.

Reaction score
Has anyone come out with a solution to this? I am currently using an fm transmitter but the quality is terrible. I would really like to direct wire into my factory radio bluetooth.
What year vehicle and what type of phone, Android or Apple?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Call dealer and ask for price to install OnStar. It’ll include at least a years service and a personal phone number w/ call time. The option for BT will be included if they have replacements in stock at warehouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a radio cheap now a days. I would just replace it with an aftermarket radio.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another way to do it is to buy a used XM radio module off ebay, craigslist, etc and plug it in so that the radio will recognize the XM input, then cut the audio inputs from the XM module and wire them to whatever source you want to use. If you want bluetooth, connect them to a bluetooth adapter designed to plug into an audio jack. The factory radio just needs to see an XM module on the serial bus to enable that source on the head unit. Your radio display will say XM, but the audio will come from whatever source you connect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011