blue smoke?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1882tahoe

Reaction score
Ok my 03 5.3 tahoe has blue smoke under hard and wot. Mods are comp 220 cam, ls7 lifters, trunion upgrade, ls2 timing chain, hardened pushrods, melling high pressure oil pump and speed inc tune. I didnt replace valve stem seals i kind of over looked them on my build. Or i was thinking its from the higher oil pressure. Any input would be great,thanks. Also has 135,*** miles

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats yer engine temp at when yer putting the pedal to the floor if yer running yer engine wide open when its cold yer just wearing it out that much faster
there is like .00025" clearance between the piston and the cylinder wall wich leaves room for expansion when the engine warms up

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prolly need new rings then man after the mods you prolly pushed yer rings over the edge

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

plus the fact that once you did the mods im sure you drove like you were in nascar for a bit

OP
OP

1882tahoe

Reaction score
I acctualy waited a few hundred miles before i beat on it even tho i wanted to lol. Thanks for the info i have some digging to do

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah im actually very close to pulling the trigger on a new loping cam and high stall torque conv
and what ive learned after doing a bit of reseaarch is after a major mod like a cam for example if the motor has a few miles on it you will start seeing some of the stock parts wear out faster then normal usually parts like seals and rings maybe bearings

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious if you measured for your pushrods or not before ordering them. what length do you have and do you have any valve train noise? also, what valves springs are you running..you have a few things missing from this puzzle.

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah depending on how much different the lobe lift of the new cam is the factory valve springs mite not be strong enough and yer valves start to float

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts