"block" rear AC on Taho 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tengelman

Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to refill my AC and found out that it is leaking outside under the middle console where it leads to the back AC.

I dont want to replace or repair it.

But I found out that there is a way to "block" These hoses that lead to the rear AC and drive on with only front AC.

Can anyone tell me how and WHERE I have to block them?
(pics welcome :) )

Greetz
Dennis

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Hello!

I wanted to refill my AC and found out that it is leaking outside under the middle console where it leads to the back AC.

I dont want to replace or repair it.

But I found out that there is a way to "block" These hoses that lead to the rear AC and drive on with only front AC.

Can anyone tell me how and WHERE I have to block them?
(pics welcome :) )

Greetz
Dennis
What way is that? Pinching off lines?

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
The best way: fix the leaky line by replacing it.

If you are dead set on killing rear a/c swap lines from your Tahoe to the hi/lo lines from a pickup that does not have rear a/c.

Either way you will be replacing lines.

Pinching off lines and/or welding them closed is permanent and cannot be reversed so you will be replacing those lines anyway if you ever want the rear a/c to work in the future.

If you are working on a budget, pull out the leaky line and take it to a radiator shop. They can weld it up for you. If the leak is at a crimped hose/pipe union, just replace it.

OP
OP
tengelman

tengelman

Reaction score
can you tell me where exactly they blocked it?
dont really know where to put those blockers in....

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
They blocked it up front somewhere. I'm sure if u went into a local shop they would tell u where to cap it at. I only paid $150 to get it done. If I were u just pay someone that done it before $150. Cheap