Blend door question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevor1978

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
having a problem with the blend door for the driver side temperature control on my 2004 yukon Denali. Most of the time I can’t get the driver side to blow cold, even though the passenger side is. Sometimes when it is blowing cold, it will switch to heat. Passenger side has no problems. What part am I looking for? I’ve looked up blend doors and they’re not that expensive. Do the left and right side use the same part number? I’ve read about calibration; could this be an issue or is a new pet needed? Thanks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's probably more cost effective to just replace the actuator first, then if that doesn't work at least you know the actuator is not the problem.
if you have a tech2 or access to one you could do more troubleshooting. the most common problem is the actuators, followed by the main control unit, pretty rare to get a short or other issue other than a blower motor resistor problem which does not apply in this case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons