Blacked out bowties

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
What was the process you used to plasti dip the bow ties. I really want to do this to mine but dont want to screw this up and get black everywhere or have it come out looking bumpy like some people I have read about.

Must have been an issue with the gold bow ties and them looking awful after a few years.

thanks for the help

OP
OP
803tahoe

803tahoe

Reaction score
What was the process you used to plasti dip the bow ties. I really want to do this to mine but dont want to screw this up and get black everywhere or have it come out looking bumpy like some people I have read about.

Must have been an issue with the gold bow ties and them looking awful after a few years.

thanks for the help

Its pretty easy you just have to tape off the bow ties and use newspaper to keep any overspray from getting on anything then you spray 3-5 thin layers waiting 30 minutes between each to dry. as long as your bow ties are clean before you start and you do thin layers it shouldn't look bumpy. Also keep in mind if it doesn't look the way you like you can just peal it off and start again

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can take the front one off really easily two 10mm bolts holding it on but you do have to tape the back one.

bigbadchevy

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but it if just peels off how do you get it to stay and not come up or start peeling off when you go through a car wash or something rubs against it? Do you put a clear coat on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
69project

Latest posts