Black Widow muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds awesome. Nice find.

This was exactly the gargle type sound I was looking for years ago. Makes a 5.3 sound like a old version 6.2

OP
OP
Erik G

Erik G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zero drone - I've done multiple 3 hour trips from Houston to Austin and San Antonio and no ear fatigue

The same cannot be said for my Sierra with dual flowmasters. Just annoying as hell after 45 minutes

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This muffler sounds like the perfect tone to me. Been doing much critical listening with earbuds and comparing with other videos of the 5.3 featuring Magnaflow and Flowmaster.

Then it finally hit me: this Black Widow 250 with factory resonator on a 5.3 sounds like a very happy medium between the Magnaflow tone (smooth & deep with soft burble) and the Flowmaster tone (hollow & loud with medium bark). And if the Black Widow doesn't drone, I'm sold.

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This muffler sounds like the perfect tone to me. Been doing much critical listening with earbuds and comparing with other videos of the 5.3 featuring Magnaflow and Flowmaster.

Then it finally hit me: this Black Widow 250 with factory resonator on a 5.3 sounds like a very happy medium between the Magnaflow tone (smooth & deep with soft burble) and the Flowmaster tone (hollow & loud with medium bark). And if the Black Widow doesn't drone, I'm sold.
I've been eying this muffler too but since my 04 doesn't have a resonator I'm afraid it's going to be too loud. I have a 4"x9"x14" Magnaflow and I have mild drone under acceleration in town. But no drone that the tires won't cancel out at highway cruising speeds. I've had this setup for a couple years since when my wife was dailying it and now that I'm driving it is want more aggressive but not overdone.

In long I can't decide if I want to go 300 or 250, or go with a Flowmaster delta 40, or the 5"x8" magnaflow or a Magnaflow xl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jjdenali

Reaction score
I've been eying this muffler too but since my 04 doesn't have a resonator I'm afraid it's going to be too loud. I have a 4"x9"x14" Magnaflow and I have mild drone under acceleration in town. But no drone that the tires won't cancel out at highway cruising speeds. I've had this setup for a couple years since when my wife was dailying it and now that I'm driving it is want more aggressive but not overdone.

In long I can't decide if I want to go 300 or 250, or go with a Flowmaster delta 40, or the 5"x8" magnaflow or a Magnaflow xl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I'm putting the venom 250 on my suburban with the 5.3 on Monday with no resonator. I'll let you know how it sounds and post a video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts