Black Bear Tune Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing my due diligence in researching the Black Bear tune service before pulling the trigger and I want some input from people who have used Black Bear.

First question, is the autocal option better than the scan cable? I was set on the scan cable because I thought that was the best option but then I saw Autocal and I think that's the one I should be going for?

Secondly, Is there a list of features or settings that you are able to specify to have modified or how does that work? For example I want to disable AFM, firmer and more responsive transmission... but what else can I ask for? For example can I use the Black bear tune to disable the TPMS dashboard light?

Lastly, anyone from California use Black Bear tune? Do you need to revert it to factory tune before smog? I have all factory emission parts and don't plan on changing them...

Thanks guys, I look forward to getting a Black Bear tune but want to educate myself before throwing money around.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many folks on this Forum have Black Bear Performance tunes on their trucks, including me, and I do not recall a single instance of someone getting the tune, and then saying that they were not satisfied with it.

A Black Bear Performance tune which will run in the neighborhood of $600, will modify your ECM and also your TCM (so that shifting performance will also be improved, which can make as much a difference in performance as the ECM tune). And with this purchase, you will be able to obtain future tune adjustments through your AutoCal for a nominal fee for the life of your truck, whenever you make a mod for which a tune adjustment would be appropriate (cam, headers, CAI, tire size change, etc.). You can obtain the tune totally remotely with BBP, and I would suggest that you call @BlackBearPerf and discuss your needs with them. Don't think of it as a one-time purchase from a vendor, but rather, think of it as building a long-term relationship with a vendor, who will be at your service for your tuning needs for the life of your truck. You won't be disappointed. A good tune is the best performance mod you can make for your dollar, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne