Black Bear Performance Tuning Washington June 18-20 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just got back from my tune this morning. First impression...awesome.

Justin is very knowledgable and professional. He plugged in to my OBDII port with his laptop and was able to give me all sorts of info on how my truck was running. He also took feedback on what I used the truck for, how I drove it, etc. He made a couple of changes to the base tune that we used and then we went driving up and down the highway and thru the city to make sure everything was good.

My impression driving it, you can definitely feel the difference. The truck pulls very hard thru the gears and the passing power on the highway is noticably better. My tune was very specific to towing so we shall see how it does on Sunday when I pick up my race trailer.

-Britain

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, its official...the tune must have done something because even my wife was impressed when she drove it tonight.

-Britain

Crazy Al

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, its official...the tune must have done something because even my wife was impressed when she drove it tonight.

-Britain

Same here after I got home. Truck just reacts when you push the skinny pedal, and the gears are just there. Nice to feel fully incontrol. Always nice when someone else notices a change, makes me think my butt dyno isn't always lying to me.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, here's my take on the meet and my tune!! TRULY SPECTACULAR!!
Let me explain, I have always loved the power of my truck ever sense I bought it 3 years ago, always had good power and shifted pretty good for my taste!! Found out about 4 months ago that it was probably programmed before by a handheld or something of that nature (no speed limiter, went 110 and wanted to keep climbing). So I had the meet planned so no way I was going to back out, just wanted to see what extra Justin could get out of it and also really wanted electric fans which Justin could make possible!! Well let me tell you, this truck is even quicker now that Justin tuned it!! The shifting alone was worth the price of admission, this is so much firmer, quicker, and doesn't wanna search for gears anymore!! Overdrive is what I love the most now, kind of a useless gear for me alot of times, never seems like it was happy to be there when driving but I found myself pulling hills yesterday without it down shifting and it felt like it had the power of 3rd, I had to look down and confirm that I didn't manually shift it down (like I would usually do) on my own.
I went with the 92 octane tune because I occasionally tow my trailer and boat and just wanted to see how much more power my truck would put out safely. I need to drive it some more but the power increase is noticeable compared to the mystery tune I had before, but for me it's the shifting that has me completely sold and that's what I mainly worried about on my denali!!
I love it, Justin is a great guy, he has a killer program, and I would not hesitate to have him tune any other GM product I get in the future!!

Thanks again Justin, Jenna, and Haley for all your help in making this meet happen as well as being a very professional outfit that does some quality work!! Also thanks for those that helped Z71Bowtie out as well, you all are very quality guys that should be commended!! Wish I could have met all you guys on Friday as well as the guys at the end of Saturday, but I did get a chance to meet Z71Bowtie, Wcortesi, Dennis M., JerrySS, SSmoothsilss and his friend, and RedZRX, very classy guys!!! Talk about a long day but very rewarding, thanks to everyone for making this successful!!

Chris

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

Now just gotta order my efan harness and underdrive pulley from Blackbear, find a place to buy my efans from, order my servo's from the tranny place in Oregon, put my tranny cooler fan on that I got the other day from the brown truck :))), and hook my tow hauler up to my truck and see what it can do!! Lot's to do but very happy!!

Also, if you guys wouldn't mind, post up what you had done with your tune and what you guys experienced so far with it!! Let's advertise a bit for Justin and the crew!!

By the way, Happy Fathers Day everyone!!

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin is awesome I gotta give him a big thank you for doing an awesome retune on my Tahoe. I can't wait to do a tvs1900 down the road :D This truck haul's pretty good now without it though... Huge difference on the shifting and power!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm loving my tune more and more everyday, I installed an '06 electric fan setup in the truck yesterday and put the overdrive alternator pulley in today, the fans make it a bit zippier off idle, less cluttered in the engine compartment, quietier than the belt driven fan, and ice cold A/C even at idle while the pulley keeps my voltage from dipping below 14 on the guage even at idle!! Thanks again Justin, Jenna, and Haley for all your help in making this meet a success for all of us!!!

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying it Chris! It will continue to get better as the computer learns as well.