Black Bear Performance Tuning Washington June 18-20 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post a picture of my '02 Yukon. Got it all loaded up for a race this weekend. We shall see how it does on the trip with the mods I have done so far.

-Britain

28571_1284592321472_1430063084_30628819_4744610_n.jpg

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just seafoamed and deep creeped my truck tonight as well as cleaned out the MAF, now I just gotta change out the computer and do an oil change and I should be good to go for the meet on Saturday!! Man I love all the white smoke from a good seafoaming!!

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...I spent nearly 2hrs last night changing the damn spark plugs & wires. I have been working on cars for over 15years and I don't think I have ever been so frustrated when doing such a simple task. My Yukon has about 92K miles and the plugs have never been changed. First of all, it was a ***** to get the plug wires off the plugs. The metal casing/heat shields did not make the job any easier as it was difficult to get a grip on them. Then the plugs were damn tight in the block and took quite a bit to break them loose. I am glad I changed them out though because the old plugs were quite worn and the electrode was just about gone. We shall see if there are any improvements in performance this week.

All that is left is an oil change before next weekend.

-Britain

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those plug wires getting pretty heat checked, that's for sure. I always try and put some di-electric grease or something around them when I put new ones on to make them easier to get off.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Hopefully I'll get to see most of you guys there on Saturday and/or Friday

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll get to see most of you guys there on Saturday and/or Friday

Have you scheduled your retune, I haven't seen your name on the list yet?

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Well, we are officially 2 and 3 days from the meet so this will be my last bump to the top on this thread unless we get any more new deposits, just wanna welcome SSmoothSilSS to the deposited group!!! We are officially up to 19 people who are gonna be at the meet and that is truly AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday and wish the best for your all who will be there on Friday!! Washington doesn't know what's gonna hit them this weekend!!

Updated Roll Call List:

Black Bear List:

1) Rivieraracing (Deposit Paid)
2) Z71Bowtie (Deposit Paid)
3) Crazy Al (Deposit Paid)
4) Wcortesi (Deposit Paid)
5) Slider67 (Deposit Paid)
6) Run8 (Deposit Paid)
7) RedZRX (Deposit Paid)
8) BlackSSS (Deposit Paid)
9) Amac70 (Deposit Paid)
10) Kevlar (Deposit Paid)
11) Terry A. (Deposit Paid)
12) Jonathan G. (Deposit Paid)
13) Ss'n pnw (Deposit Paid)
14) CWAmeden (Deposit Paid)
15) CWAmeden's Friend (Deposit Paid)
16) JerrysSS (Deposit Paid)
17) Britain Smith (Deposit Paid)
18) Richard C. (Deposit Paid)
19) SSmoothSilSS (Deposit Paid)
20) -----Your-----
21) --Deposit Paid--
22) -----Name-----
23) -----Here-----
24) Conor
25) Tdaz250
26) 01yukonslt
27) SSSilverado23

Retunes:
1) Tahoe03MM
2) CenWaSS

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those plug wires getting pretty heat checked, that's for sure. I always try and put some di-electric grease or something around them when I put new ones on to make them easier to get off.

Yea, I put some of that stuff on the new ones that I installed.

-Britain

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i sent in my final payment. I am first on the list tomorrow morning at 10:00am. Headed out of Portland area bright and early. I will let everyone knows how it performs when I return.

-Britain

Britain Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished changing the oil/oil filter and washing my ride in preparation for my tune tomorrow morning...my Yukon is going to be happy!

-Britain

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone that's getting tuned today, hope it's everything you were hoping it would be!! Be safe today, have safe travels, and report back with you post tune results!! Tomorrow isn't coming quick enough for me!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3