Bilstein and CCM Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey I'm new here and just purchased a 2009 avalanche. I'm looking to put new bilsteins on with a CCM kit. My question is should I do the 2.5"/1" and set the bilsteins at stock height or go with a 2"/1" CCM and have the bilsteins set at .59" lift? Thanks in advance.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO just get the level kit you want and leave the adjustable Bilsteins at stock height.

OP
OP
W

Westdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why would you choose that? I figure the bilstein will lift a little more and sorta make buying them more useful. Thanks for the help

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I take that back. If you were doing that combo, I would set the Bilsteins to the max lift and add a spacer to get to the height you want (but <2.5"). This is because the Bilstein 5100s will provide better up travel and will not top out compared to spacer lifts.

I recall others have posted that the 5100s only lift the Tahoe ~1.75", but I would research this first. But it may be hard to find a spacer for the size you want. In the end as long as the total front lift is less than 2.5" it should be ok.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Westdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've heard that the ride is more rough and the shocks top out when maxed. Thanks for all the help

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the ccm kit with 2.5 lift for 2 years and just put the 5100's on Friday. I left them at stock because I heard about not maxing out the shocks.

I will say that my ride is much better but I think thats because I had 75000 miles on stock shocks and these are a nice upgrade!

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty positive that you can do a 2.5" front level with the bilsteins set at 1.75" of lift and put a 2 inch rear block. One of my friends has it like that with 34.5's on a yukon

OP
OP
W

Westdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's why I wanted to do more spacer with less shock lift bc I heard the shocks max out. I heard the angles are horrible at 3" or above so I figured I'd do 2" spacer with shock on first setting (.59") which I've been told is more like .75" so that's a total of 2.59" to 2.75"

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever you do, it's a good idea to get an alignment after. Mine was messed up after the install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzzer86