bilstein 5100 ride height adjustable shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greasemnky1111

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just finished putting the bilstien 5100's on the front, it only gave me 1.75 inches of lift but thats all i really need i just wanted it to stop stink bugging. i just put the bilstein 5160's in the rear and im debating on puting a rear spacer for about an inch of lift in the rear not sure yet, just wanted to know what you guys think, im also wondering what you guys think of the front lights i switched all of them out for hid's low beams, high beams and the 4 off road lights in the front thanks

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 273

Suburbinator

Reaction score
So after a few weeks of use....do you have any updates? Handling improvements, ride quality? Did you have it aligned after the lift?

Thanks..

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what was total lift amount,,,,,,,and how is ride quality...bilstein can be a little stiff.

on a side note, i am looking at the KING adjustable coil overs and shocks for rear......0-3" lift front, and a spacer for an inch or so rear.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them and feel that they ride better than stock suspension.

OP
OP
G

greasemnky1111

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update ive had them on for about 6 months and there great the total lift was 1.75 inches not much but it leveled it out and the shocks made the ride a lot better but the performance of them improved too especially over bumps at speed but its no prerunner but it made life a lot better and i had the hotchkis sway bars on and those combined with the shocks made a huge improvement i was very pleased with bilstein on these shocks.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

wow i totally had the months wrong its been about 4 but also ive gotten pretty good air in them too (i was testing them out to see how well they really were in extreme circumstances) and they did very well but its not a jumper by any means and i would not suggest it. but the shocks didnt blow or anything and yes i had it alligned after they were installed.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it leveled? Bc it still looks a lot higher in the rear then the front end does. I just did a 2.5/1.5 to get leveled but I have autoride so the rear height from factory is different for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted