Billet T-connectors for heater cores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got an email from Gruven today...

"
In all this time we have only sold 6 total of these. Still trying to push this on the forums. Im not sure why nobody seems to want this, it’s a great idea. WE will make them, Im trying to push through this month. Of course if more people were into it we would be able to get much more priority in the shop, its very hectic right now.

Paul

www.GruvenParts.com

https://www.facebook.com/GruvenParts/
"

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All in all, I can't blame Paul for not moving forward with this. It's not cheap or easy or quick for him to set up to create these, and if he can't cultivate a decent level of interest via pre-orders, then it's probably just not a good business decision for him to take the leap.

I say this as someone who has been in product manufacturing & distribution for 30 years.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
All in all, I can't blame Paul for not moving forward with this. It's not cheap or easy or quick for him to set up to create these, and if he can't cultivate a decent level of interest via pre-orders, then it's probably just not a good business decision for him to take the leap.

I say this as someone who has been in product manufacturing & distribution for 30 years.

While I totally understand that side of things, I also don't know how you can pre sell a product that has had no testing done... not even for fitment.

If he were making an exact copy of the originals then there wouldn't be much need to test the fitment as it would be an exact copy... but he's not. He told me that in order to make them the way he wanted to that it would require some more room to be made around where they go and asked me about how much room was available in different directions. I told him the best I could from just looking at the area but without a prototype in hand it's very hard to say for sure.

My question is what happens if he gets the 10 pre orders and makes them and sends them out and they don't fit properly. Now you have spent the money on something that's not right AND you have pissed off customers.

Oh well, hopefully things go well and everything fits and it's not an issue... either way I hope it all comes together soon.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
Received my Gruven heater core T-connectors and Dorman Y-connector today...

rps20190628_145555_677-jpg.225748

rps20190628_145626_706-jpg.225749

rps20190628_145703_107-jpg.225750

Its gonna be next weekend before I can get them installed.

OP
OP
kbuskill

kbuskill

Reaction score
So I got these installed the other day...

rps20190710_230636_177-jpg.226494

rps20190710_230715_252-jpg.226495

rps20190710_230753_304-jpg.226496

After installing them and giving Paul, from Gruven, feedback on the fit and finish and because others on here have expressed concern over the fact that the one end doesn't have any barbs on it... I recommended to him that we add barbs to that end...

Here is a CAD drawing of the new design...
rps20190710_231032_211-jpg.226497

He will be sending me 2 more after he gets them done for some more R&D but I believe this will be the final design.

I also mentioned to him that some of you would prefer to see the spring style clamps instead of the worm gear style clamps.

I mentioned that due to the very limited space where these are installed that the spring style clamps might actually make the install easier.

He said he will check into them and see.

Just wanted to update this thread to keep you all in the loop.