Big Mistake - Need Electronics Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Ok, so I went and did something not so smart. :Plugged:

In the process of installing an overhead monitor, I had to relocate the rear audio controls. The trim that was supplied with the monitor made provision for the control relocation. Only problem is, the factory harness wasn't quite long enough to get it to the new spot - like 3" too short. So I figured I'd cut the plug off the harness and make an extension. It was AFTER I cut the plug off that I realized the wire aren't UNIQUELY color coded. :emotions122:

So now I have 15 wires hanging out of my ceiling and really no idea of what they match up to on the plug since there are 2 - 4 of each color.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram of this plug? Ideally something that tells me what color and voltage goes to what pin on the plug? For example, I can probe a white and get 12v and probe the other white and get 5v but have no idea which pin they're supposed to go on in the plug.

HELP. SOMEONE...:bawl:

-B

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what year is your truck ? so i can try and help you. big mistake man. i'll try to help you as much as i can

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
With the help or a wiring diagram from the dealer, I finished the extension harness and fixed this problem. I will post a scan of the diagram and some photos of the harness I made when I return from vacation.

-B

OP
OP
B

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Here's the wiring diagram...

scan20001n.jpg

My splice work. Soldered joints and covered with heat shrink tubing...

img8487b.jpg

img8485x.jpg

Finished and all wrapped up with electrical tape (thats it on the right). In the end the plug was extended about 8 inches...

img8494m.jpg

-B

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher

Latest posts