Beware When Ordering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a similar experience with carid. was a fairly large order. i received everything fairly quickly but thier customer service dept is just a bunch of morons. the particular order has to be shipped from separate locations and one tracking number arrived with one of the items supposedly in that shipment missing. they had no clue what i was talking about i would have had a better time talking to a brick wall. same order included a nice exhaust system that was supposed to be shipped from the manufacturer made to order stuff. closing on the shipment date i received 0 notifications but i noticed the ship date got pushed out 2 weeks. week goes by got pushed out a total of 2 months. whoa wait a f***ing second im not waiting an extra 2 months. i called and got the duuuhhhh i dunno. called back a second day transferred 3 times before ending back at the actual original person who picked up. i ended up having to contact thier supplier to get any information. meanwhile the whole time this is going on they never updated the approx shipment date listed on that item. so someone else was going to walk into the same problem. ended up canceling that part of the order and got lucky and found someone local trying to sell a barely used version of that exhaust. @carid i wont ever be using your company again as the same i told the last customer service rep i talked to.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Otto or Amazon for the win. I had a garbage experience with CarID about 5-6 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ive never had a real problem with rockauto but several problems with buying from Amazon. the products you buy are not verified at all and your either stuck with what crap got sent to you or hoping to get a refund.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank for the heads up, Tony. I have not yet placed an order with them, and now, it looks like I never will.

Lots of vendors and options out there, so there is no need to get bit twice, after getting bit once, by one vendor.
Agree, and also want to point out these guys often show a discontinued / unavailable part as “in stock”, so if you’re looking for a hard to find item, you may think you’ve finally located it. But of course they do not actually have it, and will pull the same BS and hold your money until you decide it’s never coming, and demand a refund. I’ve almost fallen for this, but thankfully, knew better.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as a general heads up, many many online sellers/dealers are having delays, always look at the expected shipping date on the site it can vary greatly from place to place, some may say 30 days some may say 2 weeks, some may say 2-3 days. for the same part. the ones with extended shipping dates most likely do not have the part in stock so they have to order it wait it to arrive and then ship it to you, others may have a leg up and have it in stock already or have quick access to it or are able to have it shipped direct from the manufacturer or have it in a warehouse closer to you. Places like rockauto for instance will have a +1 or +3 in RED next to a part listing this means there will be a delay in shipping the part.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Sounds like I’m the lucky one here! Ordered Spyder Headlights from CarId last year that came quickly and had great customer support experience with a post installation question. I’ll be hesitant in the future though with what you are all saying here.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the above AND when ordering, shipping not calculated until you hit order, charges about double everyone else and it still took about ten days. I'm absolutely sure it was "in stock" as claimed.... Nope, not gonna get another order from me. You had your chance!