better mpgs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
brand new there anywhere from 3 to 400bucks depends where ya get it i guess

Bought mine used for 100 bucks, then some dude on this forum who works for volant sent me all new shit for free! talk about a good man and company

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
there is a thread on here where the guy called Volant company directly and they made him an awesome deal.

I couldn't find the thread...but search around b/c i think the Volant rep in on this site.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brand new there anywhere from 3 to 400bucks depends where ya get it i guess

Bought mine used for 100 bucks, then some dude on this forum who works for volant sent me all new shit for free! talk about a good man and company

awesome! i will def search for the thread/guy and see what i can get. if anyone remembers please post a link or other helpful info!

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
His member name is, volant1. Ordered a CAI from him for my 95 TBI a while back, it was $250 shipped. Did take a while though.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do get 16-18mpg... and i drive, well, normal *shrug*
does it count that there's nothing extra in the truck besides me? :p i keep my beast nice and clean inside

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha like 3months!! lol

ha doesnt matter to me how long it takes to ship if i get a good deal

i do get 16-18mpg... and i drive, well, normal *shrug*
does it count that there's nothing extra in the truck besides me? :p i keep my beast nice and clean inside

do you have any mods done? anything like exhaust, CAI, e-fan, etc?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LoL I don't think it took that long..maybe 3-5 weeks if I recall. My debit card got charged Monday and I got the CAI on Wednesday, so I wasn't charged until it was shipped.

jb2286

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright... this is just my $.02 and no offense to anyone, but I think I only saw 1 person on here even CONSIDER tires (and it only had to do with tread pattern). When you're on something like a bicycle, do you notice a difference between your mountain bike running at 35PSI with knobby tires compared to your road bike running at 110PSI with 1/3-1/4 of the overall tire contact area??? I think you'll notice a huge difference.

My opinion... get yourself a high load range tire that is rated to run @ 65PSI and run your tires at that! I would keep your tires you have now as your off-road tires and what not. For the new tires though, if you're in a smaller town, not much freeway driving, etc... then go closer to stock size aka 245's or 265's... it will improve your acceleration and you won't have to use as much throttle to get going. If you're not super worried about top end freeway speeds then it won't hurt you. If you drive 60 miles on the freeway every day, then 265's or 285's or whatever you should be fine (too big and you get into the whole wind resistance factors again). As long as you don't go too much over stock size, then the size won't matter as much as air pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz