Best Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a tune. Id like blackbear but im nowhere near any of their meets. Anybody have any other suggestions? Heard some good stuff about diablo.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Black bear. You do t have to attend one of the meets. You can get their autocal. It’s also what I have. They mail you the unit and you log your truck data by driving it with included instructions. You email them the data, you load it into the autocal and program your truck.

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black bear. You do t have to attend one of the meets. You can get their autocal. It’s also what I have. They mail you the unit and you log your truck data by driving it with included instructions. You email them the data, you load it into the autocal and program your truck.
So you get the autocal, log the data, send the data, then they send you the tune, download the tune on the autocal?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you get the autocal, log the data, send the data, then they send you the tune, download the tune on the autocal?
Yes! I am going to be getting one soon. I have been emailing back and forth with them. You also get free tunes for as long as you own the vehicle. Like if you get cold air intake, you may need to tweak your tune. It will be free as long as the truck is yours. Same goes for exhaust. Bigger tires. etc.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes! I am going to be getting one soon. I have been emailing back and forth with them. You also get free tunes for as long as you own the vehicle. Like if you get cold air intake, you may need to tweak your tune. It will be free as long as the truck is yours. Same goes for exhaust. Bigger tires. etc.
Exactly. On my Denali I have had the tune changed quite a few times- after headers, after a cam, after a blower. Plus I have separate tunes at home for my 22" wheels and my 26" wheels so my speedo is always correct when I swap tires/wheels. They'll also send you tunes for 87/89 octane or 91+ so you can decide if you want to burn premium or not. The autocal can hold a few tunes or if you license more than one vehicle like me, you can keep the tunes on your computer and move them back to the autocal when you want to load them in a vehicle.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting a tune. Id like blackbear but im nowhere near any of their meets. Anybody have any other suggestions? Heard some good stuff about diablo.
We would be happy to help with a tune. As everyone mentioned we can provide tunes without you having to go to one of our tune events. Let us know if you have any questions.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Blackbear is great service. They were there every mod done to my truck starting from basic tunes for 89 91 e85 octane then tuned my truck when I installed a supercharger. When I bumped he boost, I sent logs of my dunk runs and they tweaked the tunes to accommodate more power. Not only did they tune the engine, but they tuned the trans for towing, sport haul ass mode.
I had tunes done for my truck for 17”rims for winter and 22” rims for summer. You can’t get that service with diablo

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackbear is great service. They were there every mod done to my truck starting from basic tunes for 89 91 e85 octane then tuned my truck when I installed a supercharger. When I bumped he boost, I sent logs of my dunk runs and they tweaked the tunes to accommodate more power. Not only did they tune the engine, but they tuned the trans for towing, sport haul ass mode.
I had tunes done for my truck for 17”rims for winter and 22” rims for summer. You can’t get that service with diablo
Sounds like black bear autocal is the best out there. Does anyone know typcial power gains?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC