Best Front Strut set up for 6-7” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
My bad below is the link lol. I can get bilsteins for the rear and eibachs for the front as bilsteins are still on back order for the front. Just measured the 35’s and they are 33” tall with a 43” fender height. Leaning towards setting the fronts at 1” lift and adding a rear 1” spacer. The diff drop is 5” and cv’s are good.

https://www.suspensionsuperstore.co...-4wd-premium-7-9-adjustable-strut-each-33507/

So it looks like you have to find your own coil for that then? Where do you find a matching coil for it?

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After closer inspection I have a 6.5” super lift kit. Atleast that’s what all the rear brackets look identical to. I did order rest fox 4-6” shocks and noticed that I do have extended shock brackets so I could have gotten a regular set of bilsteins for a little less but as big and heavy as it is I feel the foxs will be good. I’ll keep the rear coils and just add a 1” spacer to them if I decide to go in any more. The front scrubs so I may go 1” to see if it helps before I cut more.

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went ahead and order the eibachs for the front thru summit. Only 35$ for next day air so I can put them on tomorrow. Only thing I don’t know for sure is will I have to remove my stock lower coil mount or will the new shock come with one. It’s in the picture but that means nothing lol. I ordered some belltech 1” rear coil spacers. I’m putting the eibachs up one notch to gain .7” so the 1” rear spacer will keep a .25-.5” rake.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
What is the length and travel of the strut you have now?
Do you have any photos from below of what you have now?

Without taking your existing strut off and measuring the extended and compressed length it may be difficult to find one that will work.
If I remember correctly the stock struts is around 17 inches and and some of the aftermarket struts can range from 17 to 24 inches... With travel lengths from 3 inches to 5.75 Fox and some of the other higher quality suspension units come in different lengths and with some lift kits they wont work at all. (Ask me how I know Nah you probably guessed by now)

Removing the spacer and installing a longer strut with longer travel if the spring is correct will give you a better ride due to the longer suspension travel.

BUT, it may also allow your suspension to travel to far and damage drive line or other suspension parts or it may bind up or do some other crazy stuff... It might even appear to work great but, cause premature failure of some other components.

Last edited:

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
After closer inspection I have a 6.5” super lift kit. Atleast that’s what all the rear brackets look identical to. I did order rest fox 4-6” shocks and noticed that I do have extended shock brackets so I could have gotten a regular set of bilsteins for a little less but as big and heavy as it is I feel the foxs will be good. I’ll keep the rear coils and just add a 1” spacer to them if I decide to go in any more. The front scrubs so I may go 1” to see if it helps before I cut more.

Adding another inch will not stop the front from scrubbing if it bottoms out. It will just make it so you have to hit a bigger bump before it scrubs. Cutting it out is the best way to stop the scrubbing.

And if you have a 6.5 inch lift running 33's you must be hitting to the front. Mine has a 4 inch lift running 35s that are 34.38 tall and they only lightly scrub when I am flexed out in a turn.

OP
OP
C

Carp0331

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went with the eibachs up front with it set on the 2nd clip. Rides amazing. Also put a 1/2” spacer on the driver side to correct the chevy lean. Fox’s on the back are doing great as well. I threw a 1” spacer there to keep a little rake. Tires are 35’s but about half worn so that’s probably why they are just a little over 33”.

12F5CD7F-3E5A-498F-A8F9-BE5C02AB79B1.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645