BDS 4.5 lift ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakes01234

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
as i go back and forth looking at keys, spacers, and complete lift kits i think of some questions i would like to ask people that have the lifts.
First off In one section of the bds website it says it the kit comes with lifted coil springs and in another section it says 3.5 spacers, any idea which it actually comes with?

I want to gain some flex and im thinking a spacer will not allow this because the coil is still the same size..

Are most of these lifts just for show and not any actual off road gains besides height?

With any of the lifts does the steering feel loose at all?
or is it all corrected with proper components?

Will i still be able to use airbags to level the truck when towing?

Why cant i use factory wheels with 285's mounted? they say on the website a different wheel is required, is it just for backspacing reasons or safety to cover them selves?

Thanks for the help and my vehicle is a 2000 yukon XL

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most lifts under about 4-6in are going to be keys and spacers
You wont get much added flex because you are working with the same suspension parts just up a bit higher...

If done incorrectly lifts can leave things to be desired in steering but if done well there should be no issues

You can still use bags if you wish but when lifted the drop when towing wont be as noticeable

You can easily run 285s stock... thats BS I have 285/75R16s on 3in spacers out back and keys up front and it sits real well and very little rub

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keys are only good to 2-3" lift. any more requires a full lift. Keys at 3" dont give much down travel so it rides bad and is ******* parts, CVs included.

Spacers are for the back and I believe you can still use load-leveling bags. If you have autoride, life gets more complicated.

With Keys, steering feels the same, not sure on a full lift.

I would imagine with a full lift the BS of the wheels could be different as the use different knuckles. With a 4+ lift, wouldn't you want bigger tires? that size lift deserves 33 or 35s.

OP
OP
J

jakes01234

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea im not doing keys i dont like the idea of it...

Lift only is what im looking at now.. and ofcourse i want larger tires hahaha but wheels i could give to ***** about.. i think im going to take the H2 wheels off my 2500 and see if with a spacer and adapter i can fit those... they have 285 on them..

Thanks for the input..
Anyone actually running the 4 inch bds lift here?

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the 4.5 lift. then post some pics....I want to see what it looks like, then maybe ill do it too!

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as i go back and forth looking at keys, spacers, and complete lift kits i think of some questions i would like to ask people that have the lifts.First off In one section of the bds website it says it the kit comes with lifted coil springs and in another section it says 3.5 spacers, any idea which it actually comes with? I want to gain some flex and im thinking a spacer will not allow this because the coil is still the same size.. Are most of these lifts just for show and not any actual off road gains besides height?
With any of the lifts does the steering feel loose at all?
or is it all corrected with proper components?
Will i still be able to use airbags to level the truck when towing?
Why cant i use factory wheels with 285's mounted? they say on the website a different wheel is required, is it just for backspacing reasons or safety to cover them selves?Thanks for the help and my vehicle is a 2000 yukon XL
Call bds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daily Bread