BB tune on 4.8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnuckleHead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have recently purchased a used Tahoe that I am looking to get a BlackBear tune on and was just wondering if anyone has had this done on a 4.8 Tahoe and what kind of gains did you get from BB tune? MPG? Performance? I have already added a Volany CAI to it. Just want to see if BB Tune is worth getting done since I have 4.8.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did on my Yukon 4.8. Added an AEM Brute Force and had Justin do a live tune, 100% TM removal...93 octane tune...runs amazing!!!

Campi3ell

Reaction score
:jawdrop::flamingdevil: I haven't installed a CAI on my Yukon (yet), it may be a Christmas present to myself. I had a live tune by Justin for my 4.8 and I like the results. I didn't have TM completely removed, I wanted shifts to be firmer, but still smooth.

Justin reprogrammed the Tow/Haul button as the "Sports mode," and it works ...too well. Failed to talk my way out of a ticket few weeks back. Luckily the laser only clocked me at 73 in 55 :driver:

I opted for the 89 tune, and I'm happy. I may be more aggressive with the tune when I trade up to a Denali/ Escalade in a few years

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TM removal

Hey guys, just curious. what is a TM and why would you want it removed?

OP
OP
K

KnuckleHead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so if Justin with BBP, can adjust TM for firmer shifting, then why need a vette servo? I thought the vette servo did the same thing, right??? I guess I just want to see if purchasing a vette servo is really worth it. I know that its a cheap upgrade, but just want to see if its worth installing on my hoe.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was interested in the vette servo before i got my BB tune but after i had the tune i knew i wouldn`t need one. I told justin i would like the hardest shift possible with the tune and i could not be happier.

When i had my truck re tuned justin asked me if i had a servo in the transmission when we drove around but i didn`t so maybe i`m lucky and it shifts harder than other trucks? I don`t know.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The TM and the servo are two different things. TM is in the computer tuning, the servo is a part.

The servo provides a beefier than stock 1-2 mechanical gear shift servo. This part is a common failure in the 4l transmissions, so upgrading a $20 part, can save a lot of $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401