BB Tune & AFE GT Intake on 15i+ Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stealthall

Reaction score
They have asked me to do it...”I’m not there yet”.

I will let you know after I get the BB back and run the truck a little.

Let me know after you install the AFE on your new Dan-Ely. I would be curious to hear your feedback.

Tell me about these sway bars...what would be the true benefit?

Here are a couple recent pictures of Beast. Only new appearance is I blacked out the GMC logo front and rear with vinyl last weekend.

3b2bc3cac8529a7b05a97dfc713c745b.jpg

3717b9001be175f6e01f01a050502a08.jpg

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple recent pictures of Beast. Only new appearance is I blacked out the GMC logo front and rear with vinyl last weekend.

3b2bc3cac8529a7b05a97dfc713c745b.jpg

3717b9001be175f6e01f01a050502a08.jpg
Looks awesome! Love the all black including emblems. I’m not sure why GM doesn’t sell a black replacement emblem for the back...only the grill. Vinyl is the way to go then.
My build date is 3-5 so I’m hoping to take delivery by the 16th. Having them install the kicker sub and Borla before I pick it up! The intake I ordered was 51-74110, so similar but a different model than yours. I’ll provide you some feedback once I have it on. In regards to the sway bars, I’ve read it adds stability when towing. This rig is replacing a truck so I plan to tow with it a couple dozen times each year. The stiffer sway bars will also aid in reducing body roll in corners. The main reason is towing though. When I used to tow with my 07, at times when thE trailer was loaded it was the tail wagging the dog. I didn’t have a weight distributing hitch at that point but that particular trailer I only towed twice a year and only a short distance. Just looking for a bit more stability when trailering and a bit more fun when not trailering!

OP
OP
S

stealthall

Reaction score
Update...

So I got the BB Tune installed, and yanked out the AFE Momentum to replace it with the K&N Blackhawk Intake. Let’s just say we are in business!

After reading @BEIS post I decide to try the KN.

Truck is fast and sounds great now!

OP
OP
S

stealthall

Reaction score
Update...

So I got the BB Tune installed, and yanked out the AFE Momentum to replace it with the K&N Blackhawk Intake. Let’s just say we are in business!

Ohhh....the AFE is for sale if anyone wants it [emoji3]

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

AFE and KN both add about the same HP (bottom two in the B.B. comparison test actually). Why didn’t you like the AFE?

OP
OP
S

stealthall

Reaction score
AFE and KN both add about the same HP (bottom two in the B.B. comparison test actually). Why didn’t you like the AFE?

Wasn’t about HP, it was about the sound. I prefer the KN sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t about HP, it was about the sound. I prefer the KN sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got it. Makes more sense as the majority of CAI’s create more HP than KN and AFE but how they sound is subjective.

Last edited:

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

Out of curiosity, did you try the aFe with the plug in it as well? We've run into a few trucks that were obnoxiously loud without the plug in, but toned down quite well with it installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop