Battery not charging message but it is sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I found the 04 model should only have 2 wires going to the alternator Pins B and C then of course the BAT terminal as well. You can see in the schematic what B and C go to. What is the purpose or need for the bulb to drop voltage on the 3rd wire? Brown according the schematic should goto your PCM and that is essentially the signal to the voltmeter. So what is your extra wires hooked too and which terminal is sre they coming from? A or D? @Doubeleive @EfiniMotorsport

Attachments

• DENALI Charging System.jpg
    DENALI Charging System.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When looking at the alternator from the front the left 3 pins have wires. The second pin from the left is the brown wire.

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to see what the other 2 wire colors are when I get home. I don't remember what the production month is or if it would be different on the 03

OP
OP
E

EfiniMotorsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's an early 04 that has something held over from 03, wiring wise. The alternator has a 4 pin 3 wire plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan