Battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheGypsyLady

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to this site. Thanks for all the info. So I have a 2013 PPV and it has the dual batteries. Wasn't having a problem until replacing the dbl din radio. Not knowing I was sent a wiring harness for a 2010 instead of a 2013, not sure that isn't what the problem is. So I pulled the stereo out and put the factory everything back. Didn't seem to have a problem holding charge going in a store and coming back out, however sitting over night going out to crank it up it would try once and nothing. The boyfriend drives it to work one day and brings the jump box back with him bc it now has to be jumped every time it shuts of unless of course it's driven longer then a hour. I noticed a blown fuse in the mist of putting the factory radio back in. Weather it was blown before all the battery drainage or not I'm uncertain. The aux fuse it has 2 aux fuses. The front battery this morning was at 11.9 amps and the back battery was at 10 amp , wouldn't crank. I'm a little illiterate when it comes to the newer vehicles as I am waiting to put the 79 back on the road. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would try and remove the fuses for the radio and Amp (if it has one) and see if that helps narrow it down that way.

I'm confused with your battery description being 11.9 and 10 amps, I'm assuming you meant volts. No big deal, just wanted to clarify.

That being said, I would recommend having both batteries load tested. A battery with a shorted cell can do weird stuff, and drain your other one. You can get a cheap digital load tester from Snap-On East (aka Harbor Freight). I have one and it works well, about $80. Just separate the cables from both batteries and isolate them independently for testing.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Cool, welcome to the forum. Could we twist your arm to add & edit the title to SOLVED?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz