Basic Features Missing-Anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else here with a 2021 Z71 Suburban a bit surprised by what seem to be basic features missing from their new cars?
Here's my list:
- power mirrors? Can't close the side mirrors electronically, only manually.
- front parking sensors- have rear sensors and camera but no front sensors?
- proximity unlock? my wife's car is a 2015 Jeep and it has proximity/just put your hand around the handle and it unlocks, no need to push the button on the handle.
- power adjust steering wheel
- adjustable pedals
- Heated steering wheel? It has front and middle heated seats but no heated steering wheel. Michigan based, I want it/need it.

Like I said, some of these seem very basic but tag $65k onto the vehicle price and they really should be on there. Wouldn't you think?
[/rant]
EDIT: I was aware these were not included, however, I am curious if others have noticed this. Its not a base trim vehicle with cloth seats.

Last edited:

SFLOY001

Reaction score
Anyone else here with a 2021 Suburban a bit surprised by what seem to be basic features missing from their new cars?
Here's my list:
- proximity unlock? my wife's car is a 2015 Jeep and it has proximity/just put your hand around the handle and it unlocks, no need to push the button on the handle.
- adjustable pedals
- Heated steering wheel? It has front and middle heated seats but no heated steering wheel. Michigan based, I want it/need it.

Like I said, some of these seem very basic but tag $65k onto the vehicle price and they really should be on there. Wouldn't you think?
[/rant]
what trim level and package?

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Purchasers need to do their due diligence when buying these vehicles. They are GMs cash cow and they maximize that by excluding basic features from lower trim levels. Yes, I realize the irony of calling a $65,000 vehicle lower trim but it is the reality of the day.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here with a 2021 Suburban a bit surprised by what seem to be basic features missing from their new cars?
Here's my list:
- adjustable pedals

[/rant]
The Web Site shows a pretty darn good list of all the features which are standard, available as options, or not available on any given trim level. Also allows side by side compare of up to 3 trim levels. The window sticker shows what options are on the build. Would have thought one would review this material before plunking down $60, $70, or even $80K...

OP
OP
T

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put my name on it in August 21' and took delivery in October. This was when they were into the "we can order one if you don't want auto start/stop" and other chip-related concessions. I bought the car knowing it didn't have the things listed above, heck I had the car for a weekend before closing on it. Was curious if other people had similar features not available is all.
Thankfully I was able to negotiate down $3k and $1k Costco Member discount and a 4yr/100k warranty and got $2k more for my Sierra than what I paid for it and I put 75k miles on it. I am happy, just curious.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is giving $50 credit for missing options that cost $495 if you tried to order them.

Last edited:

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get what you mean, I also dont have those features on my RST but i can live with that. Had proximity unlock, power folding on my 14 Grand Cherokee Hemi and rarely used the power fold. The unlocking did take some time coming into this rig but manageable. Heated steering wheel was nice on my last ride but I can crank on the heating when necessary and Im good.

Honestly the only thing that does piss me off is the front sensors! Why? Not because I need them, but because for 22 they are standard on all trims. Like wtf? GM should retrofit on all 21’s without them…

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else here with a 2021 Z71 Suburban a bit surprised by what seem to be basic features missing from their new cars?
Here's my list:
- adjustable pedals

[/rant]
EDIT: I was aware these were not included, however, I am curious if others have noticed this. Its not a base trim vehicle with cloth seats.
My 2021 Z71 has those items—all except the power adjustable pedals. I don’t think any trim level has those. But everything else mentioned my Tahoe has. Interesting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I build one of those on their website with all the bells and whistles it comes out north of $80K. Even with low options, it's still better than the competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01