Barn Door Tire Carrier??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78mc-bbc

Reaction score
I have seen full size vans for years with these tire carriers that are mounted to the rear barn doors, usually hang off the hinges and have a bracket that mounts to the side of the door near the center. Has anyone tried to get one of these to fit a Tahoe?? The one pictured below is for a chevy van and is only like $54 new on amazon

31VDg-AVxrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Dazrin

Reaction score
Love the description of your barn doors.

The one comment I would make is that if it does work you would probably be limited in size of tire/wheel on it. You probably couldn't fit (or at least wouldn't want to fit) a 35" tire or something on that. The doors are probably not rated for too much extra weight. I know Jeeps have a problem with their stock tire carrier with larger tires - the larger tires cause the hinges to sag and can eventually cause damage, I would assume the same would be true for a tahoe. Of course given the state of your doors.... :)