Ballistic Marine Coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, about a month ago, I got my truck coated with this stuff by a company called Ballistic Marine. It's a coating this guy developed with 3M, and owns the patent to. It started out as a boat coating (hence the name), and is designed to be incredibly hydrophobic. The idea is that you coat your boat with it, and scum and salt water and stuff won't stick to it. All you have to do is rinse your boat after you go out, and it's clean.

Well, recently, the guy started doing cars as well. My dad got both his cars, his boat, and his kayak coated with it, and recommended it to me. I ended up getting it done over Christmas, and this stuff is amazing. When it starts looking dirty, all I have to do is take a wet microfiber to it, break up the dirt, and rinse clean. I can wash the entire truck in under 15 minutes. And as proof that there is absolutely no dirt or anything left behind, I took this today after "washing" the truck.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1d3la13yf2ql87/2015-01-24%2022.11.mp4?dl=0

It's supposed to last for about 5 years, and you shouldn't have to wax it at all. Just wipe and rinse, or some mild soap if you really want to. It's also flexible, so I got my interior done as well. All the plastic and even my leather seats look brand new. And they clean just as easily.

If anyone is interested, the guy works out of Virginia Beach. PM me if you want his contact info or details on pricing. Seriously, this stuff is amazing.

And this isn't an ad. Just wanted to share something I had done and recommend to others...

Last edited:
OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the damage cost wise?

I think I might have gotten a deal because of all the business my dad gave him, but I paid $500 for inside and out. My dad said he thought it would be at least $600-700.

Kinda steep, but it seriously makes the truck look brand new. Plus my wash time went from like 2 hours down to under 30 min.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts