Bad ride and noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe High Country with 6.2 engine. I just returned from the dealer where I had complained about the ride and cabin noise level.

I have told them that it rides like it has 100 psi in tires! Make bumping and rumbling noise on road? It is very aggravating. They acknowledged the noise and said they checked it over. Found nothing!? Returned it to me saying it was normal?? Blamed the noise and bumpy ride on the operation of the 6.2 engine??

Anyone else experienced this issue? Found a solution? What can I do next to resolve this issue.

Sorry for f this has been discussed. Wanting to see if others may have ideas to help me get the issue resolved. Thanks

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt if much has changed since the last time this was asked. See if the dealer will let you and their technician drive a similarly equipped HC, and compare on the same roads. My Denali with MRC, no bags, and 20's is not rough riding, nor is it noisy. In fact, it is the smoothest and quietest vehicle I've owned which is what I hoped for when ordering it so equipped. I have the DMax, but I can't imagine the stock 6.2 is noticeably noisier or rougher riding. I've had similar motors and there's just no way the motor would add noise or reduce comfort in a way you would describe as giving a rough ride. Without comparing yours to something similar, neither you nor a tech will know if there is a problem with your vehicle. Just my .02.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed with the above. It is not the 6.2 motor.

If you are not satisfied with the dealer's response, request a face-to-face meeting with the GM Regional Customer Service Rep, and take a ride with that person.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try switching to 20 inch wheels and see how it feels to you.

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 22 inch wheels do add some road feedback vs the 20s. I would not call it a rough ride and definitely not noisy. Most builds that have the 22s should also have the MRC and should ride very smoothly.

OP
OP
R

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
Try switching to 20 inch wheels and see how it feels to you.
The dealership discouraged switching to a smaller size. They say it would effect speedometer, may effect other electronics and might trigger check engine light?

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership discouraged switching to a smaller size. They say it would effect speedometer, may effect other electronics and might trigger check engine light?
BS. Rim size should not matter as long as the tire diameter is the same and the rims clear the brakes.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali with 6.2 and adaptive air suspension and mag ride control is like butter. Hardly even hear the engine unless I put my foot in it.
Same here, I was just talking about how this is by far the quietest GM/GMC I’ve ever had. I have the 6.2 with magnetic ride and air suspension as well.

By far the worst road noise ever was our 2018 GMC Terrain Denali with factory Yokohama tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT