Backup camera cloudy on 2013 Tahoe LT Tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyJones

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry another mistake by a newbie...should have posted this in the 2007-2014 Tahoe Section.
Though I make lots of mistakes, I (luckily for me) never make the same one twice :confused:...I'll do my best to not repeat.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay,
So I recently posted for the first time to get some specific advice on whether or not to by a 2013 Tahoe LT. I am pleased to say I followed the advice (and my intuition) and bought it and am VERY VERY happy. During the discussion, one forum member suggested that I make sure to not only use the forum but if I had anything to contribute, then please do. Sorry for the preamble...I won't be doing that going forward!

So I bought the '13 but I noticed that the backup camera image in my rearview mirror was cloudy and fuzzy. I went back and wiped it down to no avail. When the weekend rolled around I finally got a chance to really look at the camera lens and noticed the clear plastic covering the camera was cloudy. I happen to be a watch guy and have a few watches with acrylic crystals and I use a product called PolyWatch to clean and polish them. So, I put a nice size drop on my finger and coated the camera lens and using an eyeglass polishing cloth I rubbed back and forth for about a minute and then repeated. I then took another corner of the cloth and wiped it off. Got back in the Tahoe, started it up and put it in reverse, and Voila! I could see the image from the backup camera perfectly!

I'm glad to finally be posting and to have offered a tip! I hope this helps someone in the future!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645