B0084 Driver Seat Position Circuit Fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rammbo_oo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure this isn't the only fix, but it's what fixed this tahoe. Of course after visually inspecting all the wiring and connectors under the drivers seat, I had to pull out the trusty DMM. Found out the green wire from the Seat Position Sensor connector to the other end of the harness was OK, (I was checking continuity by the way...) but the yellow wire wasn't. The wire looked fine but it actually broke inside the insulation. So i pulled the wire out of the connector, soldered it back together, put it back on the connector and tried it and... voila! no more light. Well all that was after I replaced the SPS first without checking anything just because the I'm stupid and usually with a sensor "circuit" code... it's usually the sensor gone bad. So anyway of course I didn't just pull out the harness from under the drivers seat like that... I took the seat out, pulled out the harness, untaped it and then checked with the DMM. Anyway, here are some pictures of the job for y'all to enjoy :)

20140813_103644.jpg took out the seat, pulled out harness, and untaped it...

20140813_103556.jpg this is where the wire broke, I took it apart so you can see where it broke INSIDE the insulation...

20140813_103508.jpg took the terminal out of the connector. The other yellow wire you see is from the same circuit. It goes to the buckle switch if I remember right. They both meet at this terminal but only one broke... ain't that a biznatch...

20140813_105826.jpg This is my attempt to solder the wire back on... which actually worked lol.

After that I put the terminal back on the connector, taped everything back up, put the seat back on, connected everything again, started her up and the rest is history.

I'm pretty sure the B0083 is a pretty similar fix if it turns out to be a wire.

Well I hope this helps someone out... 05 Tahoe 5.3L Peace!

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass. Thanks for making the thread and including the code in the subject so it's easier to find.

Do you change the orientation of the seat often? Just wondering what might have contributed to the wire breaking inside the insulation.

OP
OP
R

rammbo_oo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes

Actually that wasn't my tahoe, I fixed it for someone but yeah thats usually what happens over time when the seat is moved around alot.

OP
OP
R

rammbo_oo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an airbag light and a b0084 code that wont go away or goes away (after erasing the code) and comes back right away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz