Auxiliary back up lights wiring diagram needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe_SSV

Reaction score
So I mounted lights into the rear bumper cover of my 09 Tahoe SSV, to have brighter back up lights. I also want a switch somewhere so that I can have lights to hook up trailer ETC. Can anyone provide me with a diagram of the simplest way to achieve this please. I've seen a bunch of write ups but only either switched or triggered with reverse lights. I want both..

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I mounted lights into the rear bumper cover of my 09 Tahoe SSV, to have brighter back up lights. I also want a switch somewhere so that I can have lights to hook up trailer ETC. Can anyone provide me with a diagram of the simplest way to achieve this please. I've seen a bunch of write ups but only either switched or triggered with reverse lights. I want both..
It would be pretty simple to use a switch in parallel with a relay to do that. The relay would use the reverse trigger to turn on. An SPDT switch in parallel with the two load contacts on the relay would let you manually switch the light as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper