AUX lights in the grill questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thinking of down the road to put a light bar and some yellow.white hazard flashers to help around the garage at work. ive heard that you have to be careful doing so as it restricts air flow to the cooling parts behind the grill. any thoughts on that? for something that isnt used all the time just mounted top and bottom/corners of area behind grill shouldnt be that bad for airflow no? i would assume the flow would be the same more or less..assuming the cooling system/radiator parts are working correctly.

Joeltz

Reaction score
thinking of down the road to put a light bar and some yellow.white hazard flashers to help around the garage at work. ive heard that you have to be careful doing so as it restricts air flow to the cooling parts behind the grill. any thoughts on that? for something that isnt used all the time just mounted top and bottom/corners of area behind grill shouldnt be that bad for airflow no? i would assume the flow would be the same more or less..assuming the cooling system/radiator parts are working correctly.
there is a lot of space from radiator support to the grill…. My 2 tractor light mounts are only about 6 in diameter and mount near the hood hold down which is All I had to remove to sneak the lights in…
I read you have to take front bumper cover OFF to remove the grill so I Did not have to.

I Believe if you mount your light bar at least a few inches in front of radiator the air will flow around it . No problem… I mounted mine up high as much in line with the headlights as possible.
They are in line with grill slots but you don’t even notice them…Unless you turn them ON

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I installed one on front bumper drilled 2 holes thru it and mounted it.It will always be on i need it when towing at 1 am and deer running everywhere leaving the lake fishing.Has saved me 2 times already in 2 yrs.Super bright got it off ebay cheap-didnt feel like spending 800 or more for a rigid industries light no thanks.Has spot and flood built in.And this did not affect my cooling or temp guage at all.

Attachments

• Geneva 7-30-2021 water temp 78 046.JPG
    Geneva 7-30-2021 water temp 78 046.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 16
  • Geneva 7-30-2021 water temp 78 045.JPG
    Geneva 7-30-2021 water temp 78 045.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed one on front bumper drilled 2 holes thru it and mounted it.It will always be on i need it when towing at 1 am and deer running everywhere leaving the lake fishing.Has saved me 2 times already in 2 yrs.Super bright got it off ebay cheap-didnt feel like spending 800 or more for a rigid industries light no thanks.Has spot and flood built in.And this did not affect my cooling or temp guage at all.
I've seen these lights in action and they are BRIGHT! They put the old, conventional lights to shame. Very compact, slim-lined and barely noticeable. They would be a great addition to any body that needs extra light to see or be seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas