Autoride?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
air shocks all around...air bags in the back for load leveling

No no no...

Electronic active-dampening shocks all around. The rear shocks have built in airbags for load-leveling (1500 models only). The front does not have air-anything.

padailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The thing that bothers me about them not working is I have no codes, lights, or messages about it not working. By looking under it the bags are definately blown both rear have cuts in the bags and apear to be in the same place on both shocks. The plan of attack that I had was replace with gas shocks and do the helper spring bag. Is the Suspension hardware on the autoride the same as a nonautoride, if I was to get a set of shocks for say a Suburban 1500 be the same? And thanks for the replies. I am a big Jeep guy so the bigger SUV is a little outa my league, well as far as the Caddy like ride anyways my Jeep rides like a tank.

Kinda old thread but I had the same issue on a 2005 Yukon XL Denali. No codes, compressor never ran, rear shocks blown, and a ride leveler was broke. So first I replaced all the shocks with bilstein HD's (got springs but they hadn't arrived yet). Everything went well but the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message popped on and the rear actually sat higher than before. Most places I've read say the back should sag with the stock springs. Plan to attack the message with resistors but open to any suggestions.

Today I just put on the Bilstein springs to match the shocks. Also put Air Lift 1000 bags in the springs. Once installed the back is considerably higher than the front. Very little air in the bags right now... just the minimum. Is this normal? How much will the springs settle? I guess the most important question is will this cause any problems like tire wear?

Thanks...........

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Non autoride trucks sit much higher in the back this is probably what you are experiencing since you've converted.

padailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Non autoride trucks sit much higher in the back this is probably what you are experiencing since you've converted.

Doesn't look as bad in the picture as in real life. 34 1/2 inches to bottom of wheel well in front 37 1/2 in back. Is 3 inches too much?

If I can't get used to how it looks what options do I have? Put the stock springs back in and swap over the air bags?

Attachments

• IMG_3249.jpg
    IMG_3249.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Mine sat 3 inches higher in the back from the factory too

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

You could keep the shocks you have now and put the factory springs in and be fine

padailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine sat 3 inches higher in the back from the factory too

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

You could keep the shocks you have now and put the factory springs in and be fine

Ok cool. Thanks for the replies.

MABX13

Reaction score
Damn . i hope my autoride doesnt mess up like this anytime soon

padailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Damn . i hope my autoride doesnt mess up like this anytime soon

Pretty easy to convert if you get to the point where mine was that it just wasn't worth the cost to fix the autoride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons