Autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pimpdout98gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A quick question. I have an 05 Yukon Denali. Whenever I put my truck on a lift to work on it I know I’m suppose to disconnect the air lines on the rear air shocks so they don’t stretch and break but what about the front. Am I suppose to disconnect anything so that the front wheels and suspension don’t dangle and pull on any lines or levers?

Reaction score
There are no air lines on the front, only electrical connector attached to the top of the strut shaft.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Z55 suspension, and I do not have to disconnect the air lines on the rear shocks, when I put the truck on a lift. I'm not sure why that would be an issue, as the distance between the shock's air connector (located near the top of the shock) and the the truck's frame does not change, when the truck is lifted.

I do recall a conversation with Arnott, where they told me that their rebuilt air shocks to have potential air line length issues with the rear shocks. I have not personally confirmed this, though.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Arnott shocks that have airline issues are not the rebuilt ones, its one of the models with the simulators. The plug was positioned to low. But this has nothing to do with putting the truck on a lift.

Nothing needs to be done to put the truck on a lift.

If you are that concerned, you could take the air line off one of the shocks (either side), and it would deflate both sides.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Arnott shocks that have airline issues are not the rebuilt ones, its one of the models with the simulators. The plug was positioned to low. But this has nothing to do with putting the truck on a lift.

Nothing needs to be done to put the truck on a lift.

If you are that concerned, you could take the air line off one of the shocks (either side), and it would deflate both sides.
Not sure this is correct. I have rebuilt shocks and the air line was in a different location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9