Autoride Mystery!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
If no codes than everything should be fine. That’s what happens when u don’t get an OEM unit. The others come on whenever they want at random times. I have an aftermarket one and it comes on when it wants but no codes. Just put your hand on the bladder and see if air is in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It comes on, just doesn't seem to push air half the time. Bladders are good. Going to try and get a live read on the hardware.

al2fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the exhaust valve on the compressor chamber is sticking, got another bum compressor? I've had an arnott for over 1.5 years now going through it's second WI winter and it has been solid. From what I've read and what I've experienced the system is supposed to fire up the compressor and before it starts it expels air for a second or two and then runs for a couple seconds, a self test. Loaded up at start up it will run longer. The only time my compressor doesn't run is when it throws a suspension code for my dying rear shocks (solenoid errors).

I was thinking maybe that intake tube up by the gas fill, but you said the old one was only a few months old and this one is brand new and doing the same thing. I don't know if there is some pneumatic valve in the air lines between the compressors and shocks that is maybe sticking not allowing air to blow to the shocks? Could you disconnect the air line from a shock and see if it's even blowing air, to rule out the compressor?

My rear shocks throw a solenoid circuit malfunction, open. They do this quite frequently now at 115k and my compressor does not even run. I wonder if yours could be failing in a closed state from time to time not allowing air into the shocks and the compressor just runs and runs? With my problem it just started with one shock and I could clear the code usually. Sometimes it would go for weeks and then all of a sudden I had that error on both shocks and it wouldn't clear. Finally cleared this weekend again and started working. Got new arnott shocks today to put in there. Would be curious if you can pull any codes with a scanner.

When I got my YD it had 75k and a dead compressor. Never once threw a suspension code until I got it tuned. After the tune reset the system the code came up but went away after I cleared it and never came back. I never realized this thing had air shocks! Did some reading and figured it out and let the dealer **** me for $100 to scan it and tell me it was the compressor.

OP
OP
Sarge

Sarge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its me again. So its still been only working when it wants. Comp kicks on startup each time but within the last month it only physical airs and raises the rear up 10% of the time. Again when it airs up it works and holds it. I readjusted my rear links one day it aired up perfect for a week straight. I wonder if the level sensors have to be just right to work or it throws off system?

Anyways now I hear this every time the air comp kicks and then I shut it off... sound of water is in the system and is bubbling out of the vent by gas filler (drips some water out also) VIDEO

Is there a drier that can go bad for the air comp? Ive had it scanned with a high end snap on scanner and went through the test to air but still only kicks on and doesn't raise. No codes!!!

Im so over this. But anyone have another idea before I swap the comp again (3rd time)? Again shocks look great, bladders look great and lines are not leaking.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is an air dryer that’s part of the compressor setup. And I know it can be replaced. I’ve jever had to do it. I just replaced my whole compressor as it was bad. And I haven’t had issues since. I replaced my OEM compressor with a dorman replacement unit, and while it’s noisy a bit, it works as it should. So not sure what brand compressor you bought, but that seems to be the consensus on which compressor unit to buy. Sorry not sure if that helps you or not.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Arnott compressor it came with a dryer rebuild kit. Maybe they sell it separately? BTW my compressor will come on sometimes and only run for a few seconds, doesn't noticeably raise the rear. Most of the time it only tops off the air. It shouldn't be going up and down much unless there's a leak or you're hooking up a trailer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its me again. So its still been only working when it wants. Comp kicks on startup each time but within the last month it only physical airs and raises the rear up 10% of the time. Again when it airs up it works and holds it. I readjusted my rear links one day it aired up perfect for a week straight. I wonder if the level sensors have to be just right to work or it throws off system?

Anyways now I hear this every time the air comp kicks and then I shut it off... sound of water is in the system and is bubbling out of the vent by gas filler (drips some water out also) VIDEO

Is there a drier that can go bad for the air comp? Ive had it scanned with a high end snap on scanner and went through the test to air but still only kicks on and doesn't raise. No codes!!!

Im so over this. But anyone have another idea before I swap the comp again (3rd time)? Again shocks look great, bladders look great and lines are not leaking.
lol, you made yourself a ****

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick