Autoride leveling help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to check this out. The height sensors can be reached if I stick my hand under there?
And should I replace the 3 fuses for the hell of it since it is cheap?

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well, I found the height sensors. I broke part of the plastic fender cover in the process, but thats what you get when you work in the dark and in cold weather. I couldn't move them, because I assume I would have to disassemble the rods? Should I spray with WD-40 and leave it overnight in case a sensor is stuck?

BTW- I thought the compressor always kicks on no matter what when you first start the truck. If mine isn't, does that tell us anything?

Last edited:

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to check this out. The height sensors can be reached if I stick my hand under there?
And should I replace the 3 fuses for the hell of it since it is cheap?

You can get to the height sensors from inside the rear wheel wells but they are partially obscured by the fender liner. You don't have to take the wheels off but you may need to remove (or bend back) the liner. if the fuses tested good I don't see the point of replacing them.

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get to the height sensors from inside the rear wheel wells but they are partially obscured by the fender liner. You don't have to take the wheels off but you may need to remove (or bend back) the liner. if the fuses tested good I don't see the point of replacing them.

Forgot to mention the SCM harness looks fine, nothing burnt up or corroded. I didn't actually test the fuses, but they looked good. I think I may just replace them since its cheap, but I'd probably have a service ride light if a fuse blew right?
How much are you selling the SCM for?

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it was the exhaust solenoid. Arnott is warrantying the item, but I have to pay the mechanic for diagnosis and installation AGAIN. I should have kept my 13 yo stock compressor, but let Arnott talked me into starting fresh with their new compressor, which made sense at the time. I am unhappy with Arnott at this point bc I feel they sold me crap and should cover the labor.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Mechanic said he scanned and got code 660 which indicated the exhaust solenoid. I have a scan tool and I scanned yesterday and the system was clear of any codes.
Makes me wonder if the mechanic is guessing.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the typical consumer scanners cant do half the stuff a high dollar shop scanner can. ask him what scanner he has.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it was the exhaust solenoid. Arnott is warrantying the item, but I have to pay the mechanic for diagnosis and installation AGAIN. I should have kept my 13 yo stock compressor, but let Arnott talked me into starting fresh with their new compressor, which made sense at the time. I am unhappy with Arnott at this point bc I feel they sold me crap and should cover the labor.

Sorry to hear that-looks like the same thing that happened to me. Looks like the quality of their products is going downhill. Ahhh the joys of autoride ;)

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that-looks like the same thing that happened to me. Looks like the quality of their products is going downhill. Ahhh the joys of autoride ;)

Man, don't get me started. My 13 yo compressor that ran all the time in excess was a beast. I figured why not get a new compressor to go with my new shocks? Mechanic put the old compressor in my truck and I gave it back to him to use/ rid of bc I figured its old and probably corroded inside. Damn thing would have outlasted the Arnott for sure! Wish I left it alone. A perfect example of "if it ain't broke......"

OP
OP
Yukongk

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New compressor turns on when I start her up, but air bags aren't filling completely. So I still hear clanking as I drive around. At this point I don't know what to look for.

z0lt3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blown bags in the shocks or leak in the airline. Take a picture of the shocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2