auto on headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I made my own harness yesterday. A little wire and a relay and she’s all better. I just use the e-brake in the garage to keep them from firing twice, give it 15 seconds after pulling out, release and all is well for now.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I just set my parking brake everytime I stop, then you can start the truck and the headlights won't kick on until you pull the release.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
even though i have the harness i will kick the highs on before i start it and then turn the auto lights off before pulling it out of the garage...i guess i'm just a lil ****.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
I did the procedure posted by tast101 about a year ago and it works great. Headlights manually controlled by me.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on the ** I just sold, if anyone has any specific questions fire away, I just jumped a wire from the black to white wire on the bcm, took about 5 min and super easy.

Grebbler

Parts is parts...
Reaction score
According to my schematics, a sensor delete is just a jumper across the leads. No resistor shown.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
correct, it can be done at the bcm or the actual sensor, bcm is much easier to get to.

smkalevra21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
****. sorry excuse the language but i don't understand anything electrical at all. I just ordered a new set of H.I.D's for the 05 hoe but I didnt know id have a problem with the lights firing twice when i turned it out how do i go about fixing this for a newb with basically not electrical understanding haha

OP
OP
oneradride

oneradride

Reaction score
What I was able to find said this: There will be 3 connectors that can be seen. They are j2, j3, and j4 (left to right). To disable auto on you will want to work with only j3 and j4 (middle and right units). You can simply run a wire from the white wire on J3 (wire A4) to the black wire of J4(wire B7).

Those colors, in those plugs, are not on the 2001 Yukon…..
I was going to do the BCM mod because the Yukon light sentinel is a ***** to get to. Anyone have the BCM plugs and colors for an 01?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n