Arms + 2500 Keys Pic Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Im looking for some pics of your trucks if you have 3" DJM arms + 2500 KEYS installed. I feel that doing the keys is really the only way to get the look Im going for. (Not slammed but just a tad lower than what the keys offer)

For some odd reason I feel my truck is higher in the front than most of you guys with the same setup (tony's 3/5.5) My measurements are now as follows

Front R-32.5
Frpnt L-32.25
Rear 32"

These measurements are also on a 265/75r16 (advertised height is 31.7, but on the truck it measures 30.5. Im going to be running a 265/50r20 with the new wheels which advertise at 30.5, but Im sure will be more like 30 or 29.5 once on the truck. which in turn will bring my fender measurements to around 31.75 in the front and 31.5 in the rear.)

The driver side stock key is cranked some to help level due the typical "chevy lean" an the passenger side is loosened up all the way on the stops.

I've searched and searched and searched but can't really come up with much. Ive talk to Tony a couple times and the only thing I can think of that the torsion bars are worn as much as most of you guys on here and thats why im a tad higher in the front...kinda has a minor Cali lean most of the time...but every once and while, depending how I park the truck will level out and look great...Its been driving me crazy.

I guess the moral of my post is that Im looking to pics of DJM 3" Arms +3/4 ton keys cranked to show what truck looks like for day to day use...I know the 3/4 keys can be loosened up but my trucks a daily and riding around that low is pointless for me.

Thanks in advance...any help will be appreciated

-Jay

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This needs to be moved out of the 07+ section to the 00-06

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Before this moved, DJM drop arms = bad idea.
That is unless you want to have to modify them to fit (even though they are brand new) and have ball joint issues.
Get drop spindles/keys and save yourself the headache.

OP
OP
JayXSP

JayXSP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before this moved, DJM drop arms = bad idea.
That is unless you want to have to modify them to fit (even though they are brand new) and have ball joint issues.
Get drop spindles/keys and save yourself the headache.

Interesting. The install went smooth..no modification necessary.

I was going to go the spindle/key route but after days of research I was sold on the reviews of Tony's 3/5.5 kit....also I didnt want to sacrifice turning radius and loose the ability to use my 16" wheels for winter. 17"+ for spindles unfortunately.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good that the install went smooth.
Hopefully those arms have the Moog ball joints installed or you might as well go and scoop some right now because in 6 months or less you will most likely need them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n