Argument with a guy who is buying my springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supercharged680

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys i have eibach springs that fit the 07+ yukon tahoe escalade

they are 4 springs 2" front 2" rear.. im selling him the 4 springs in a box there are no bolts or other things, does it fit his truck?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
going to say no. the rear would need the autoride bars bent, and the front the same thing, its not simply a bolt on kit. Autoride is what separates him from the rest.

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
going to say no. the rear would need the autoride bars bent, and the front the same thing, its not simply a bolt on kit. Autoride is what separates him from the rest.
So are there autoride rods that need to be bent in the front on my 08 LTZ?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score

im not entirely sure, i just know the fronts have the autoride struts.

If you use a spindle, no, because you aren't changing anything other than raising the level that the wheel hub is mounted at, not the actual geometry of the front suspension.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Chris -- There ARE autoride links up front, but the jury is still out on whether they need to be bent/replaced if you lower the front. Only the rear gets raised by the compressor, and so I haven't been convinced that the front links need to be altered. But some folks DO alter the fronts when they lower the front.

As for the OP's question, I'm going to back Robbie on this one. If you put springs on the front struts of an autoride truck without doing anything else to it, you're going to have the front shocks riding on 2" less travel. What happens when you compress the shock from there? You're going to ruin the shock after bottoming it out a few times, I'd say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401