Are Trailer Tire Pressure Monitors Addable After the Fact

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 21’ sierra Denali that came with the trailer sensors. I never installed them on my boat trailer but saw settings for them under the trailering app. Last week I traded that truck in on a 22’ Tahoe with max trailer tow. Additional Sensors were not included so I kept the sensors that came with the truck. There are no settings under the trailer app in my Tahoe like there was in my gmc so I’m not sure if they will work or not. Waiting from response from my dealer.
I have not seen any tire pressure monitor settings either in my infotainment...but what I heard was you have to have the trailer electrically connected to get the prompt to learn them. Have you hooked up the trailer wiring connector? If so, and if you have the Advanced Trailering Package (I believe that is what it is called on the Chevys), do you get the prompt for the tires after creating a trailer profile?

zrlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have not seen any tire pressure monitor settings either in my infotainment...but what I heard was you have to have the trailer electrically connected to get the prompt to learn them. Have you hooked up the trailer wiring connector? If so, and if you have the Advanced Trailering Package (I believe that is what it is called on the Chevys), do you get the prompt for the tires after creating a trailer profile?
I have hooked up a trailer with no prompt and it defaulted to Guest trailer.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have to make a trailer profile to get to the tire learn procedure. Maybe @genestoy can shed some light.
First you need to get the sensors installed in the tires assuming you have the correct sensors for the 2022, then connect the trailer to the vehicle, then you must create a profile for your trailer and after creating the profile there will then be the options to learn the sensors etc.. So if you are seeing the trailering app in the infotainment you have the necessary stuff for the sensors and as far as I know if you don't have the Max Trailering package that trailering app will not even be in the infotainment, somebody here without the max tow can confirm this?

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hooking my snowmobile trailer up today, I'll check to see what prompts show up in the menu. I have a 2022 with Max Trailering Package. I think when I did the setup for my enclosed it showed the option for tire pressure sensors but snow has been gone for a few weeks so not sure if I am imagining that or not haha.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is what shows up on the dash. I set my snowmobile profile up a while ago so have been using it when towing that trailer (its set as my default). When connected you get the option on the left to select trailer tire pressure sensors. The secondary menu that pops up once selected, shows the option to setup the sensors with a tool or manually. I did not order the trailer pressure sensors when I bought my truck so assume all vehicles with max trailering will have the hardware installed to work this way.

Attachments

• Trailer Pressure Sensors 2.jpg
    Trailer Pressure Sensors 2.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Trailer Pressure Sensors.jpg
    Trailer Pressure Sensors.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got My sensors installed this weekend, and all trained up using the "let some air out until the horn beeps" method. Worked like a charm.

Net, YES, trailer tire pressure sensors are addable after the fact!!! Thanks for all the support folks, this forum knew more than the people at my dealer! Pro Grade Trailering System has what is needed to make the sensors work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo