Apple CarPlay Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RSN NVSN

Reaction score
Good Morning Guys,

I have a 2017 Tahoe Premier and I’m having issues with the Apple CarPlay. When I initially paired my phone with the car it worked fine. Then a couple days ago every time I plug the phone in the car Apple CarPlay won’t come up. The phone is still paired through Bluetooth. I can play music through the speakers. But the CarPlay menu with different icons is not coming up.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RSN NVSN

RSN NVSN

Reaction score
It worked before with Bluetooth on. The Tahoe disconnects the Bluetooth automatically.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try unpair the phone and then pair the phone again. Sometimes it helps to reset everything.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Guys,

I have a 2017 Tahoe Premier and I’m having issues with the Apple CarPlay. When I initially paired my phone with the car it worked fine. Then a couple days ago every time I plug the phone in the car Apple CarPlay won’t come up. The phone is still paired through Bluetooth. I can play music through the speakers. But the CarPlay menu with different icons is not coming up.

Any ideas?

Disconnect from Bluetooth and reboot the phone.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you recently upgraded to iOS 11.4 or 11.4.1? Under the Face ID/Touch ID & Passcode section in settings there is a new option that is enabled by default (USB Accessories). I have read from others that having this enabled has caused some issues with CarPlay connectivity. If you go in and check this setting it will show it's slide to the left for being enabled and slide to the right with the green for disabled...it's a bit counterintuitive from the typical enablement of options in iOS.

OP
OP
RSN NVSN

RSN NVSN

Reaction score
Have you recently upgraded to iOS 11.4 or 11.4.1? Under the Face ID/Touch ID & Passcode section in settings there is a new option that is enabled by default (USB Accessories). I have read from others that having this enabled has caused some issues with CarPlay connectivity. If you go in and check this setting it will show it's slide to the left for being enabled and slide to the right with the green for disabled...it's a bit counterintuitive from the typical enablement of options in iOS.

I figured out part of the problem. My phone is a iPhone 7 Plus and when it sits on the center part that has wireless charging it does not work. When I have it sitting in the cup holders away from that wireless charging section CarPlay works...kind of.

Now I’m noticing that when I get a call it doesn’t come up on the screen anymore. Let’s say I’m listening to radio and I get a call. I hear the ring through speakers but it doesn’t come up on the screen. During the call screen is black.

Again this was all working before when I initially setup the phone.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured out part of the problem. My phone is a iPhone 7 Plus and when it sits on the center part that has wireless charging it does not work. When I have it sitting in the cup holders away from that wireless charging section CarPlay works...kind of.

Now I’m noticing that when I get a call it doesn’t come up on the screen anymore. Let’s say I’m listening to radio and I get a call. I hear the ring through speakers but it doesn’t come up on the screen. During the call screen is black.

Again this was all working before when I initially setup the phone.

Hmm,
It has to be connected to Bluetooth for the phone to ring through the audio system, which it must be if you are not using a cable. I haven’t tried it via cable....yet

My 7 plus will charge in my 16 Tahoe wirelessly and still be connected via Bluetooth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2