Anyone use a larger capacity oil filter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to use a larger one than what the vehicle calls for? Anyone have a part number?

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Napa Gold 7045 which is made by Wix. It is the larger one about 5" tall. You should be able to cross reference it if you want another brand.

EDIT: Just looked it up. If you want the longer ACDelco filter it is PF63.

Last edited:

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
It's the same filter as the 2010 Ford Taurus. I know this because I use to work a Wix retailer. I took the time to manually compare all the other filters to the OEM one. Wix 57045/Napa Gold 7045 doesn't seen right. Iirc, there is a 2, a 0, and a 5 somewhere in the last 3 digits. I just can't remember the order. Again, just tell the store clerk you need the filter for a 2010 Ford Taurus.

Btw, O'Reilly's sells Wix.

Last edited:

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the same filter as the 2010 Ford Taurus. I know this because I use to work a Wix retailer. I took the time to manually compare all the other filters to the OEM one. Wix 57045/Napa Gold 7045 doesn't seen right. Iirc, there is a 2, a 0, and a 5 somewhere in the last 3 digits. I just can't remember the order. Again, just tell the store clerk you need the filter for a 2010 Ford Taurus.

Btw, O'Reilly's sells Wix.

I don't think so. GM still lists the recommended filter as a PF48. For the newer Traverse and Acadia they now list the longer PF63 to replace the PF48 that was previously listed for the same engine. Several post have compared the specs on the two and they are they same except the length and a very slight difference in the bypass valve pressure. Bypass valve pressures are usually slightly different across different brands of filters anyway with the same vehicle applications.

You can do a search on PF48 vs PF63 and get more information. If you check NAPA's cross reference for the PF63 it shows the NAPA Gold 7045.

If you also search on the NAPA 7045 you will see it mentioned in several posts on GM truck sites. I use it in my Tahoe with no issues.

If someone wants to be extra cautious and use only what GM lists for the 5.3 & 6.2 then stick with the PF48.

domin8

Just Plinking
Reaction score
Highland Park, IL. Transplant from SLC, UT to redu
I don't think so. GM still lists the recommended filter as a PF48. For the newer Traverse and Acadia they now list the longer PF63 to replace the PF48 that was previously listed for the same engine. Several post have compared the specs on the two and they are they same except the length and a very slight difference in the bypass valve pressure. Bypass valve pressures are usually slightly different across different brands of filters anyway with the same vehicle applications.

You can do a search on PF48 vs PF63 and get more information. If you check NAPA's cross reference for the PF63 it shows the NAPA Gold 7045.

If you also search on the NAPA 7045 you will see it mentioned in several posts on GM truck sites. I use it in my Tahoe with no issues.

If someone wants to be extra cautious and use only what GM lists for the 5.3 & 6.2 then stick with the PF48.

I do think so because I took the time to size up and measure the filters myself while I was working in a parts store. I then reverse looked up the filter number and found out it is for the new Ford Taurus.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think so because I took the time to size up and measure the filters myself while I was working in a parts store. I then reverse looked up the filter number and found out it is for the new Ford Taurus.

Then there must be 2 longer filters that work because a number of people on the variuos boards are running the Delco PF63 and the NAPA 7045 including me with no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529