Anyone swap out LED's in all the switches and accent lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vjr021

vjr021

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working on buying switches from junk yards and eBay to practice with... Just in case...

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working on buying switches from junk yards and eBay to practice with... Just in case...

That is actually a brilliant idea. If you you're successful the first go you can resale them and minimize loss or maybe even make some money.

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did white in my truck. My only complaint, and it probably wouldn't bother most but it does me, is that the color is off in different areas of the truck. All of the dash looks good, a cool white to almost a bluish color, but the headlight switch and door switches are WHITE. I'll probably redo those in the future, or experiment with some gels or something. I'm currently working on illuminating the needles so they are white during the day but red at night.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would bug me Aaron. Im trying to figure out how to convert the odometer and other LCD in red to match the others when I finally convert it all over.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That did bug me in my Silverado and it is why I switched color on everything. If I do the Sub it will be all green or blue most likely.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were able to change the color of your odometer and gear indicator in your truck? How did you pull that off? From what I understand and this is just from reading the net, its just a green film thats put over them to change their color. You remove that film and add the color of choice? I read about some guy using red electrical tape on VW forum..WHo knows?

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't be easy to change the color of the odometer. While there is a tinted cover it's still a green shade underneath it. It's a vacuum fluorescent display, similar to an old calculator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn