Anyone running Spyder headlights with LED's for a 07-14 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've searched. Yeah, I see the sticky threads and have read/searched them too. Spare yourself criticism about searching, its not easy with common words.

I am specifically looking for anyone with a 07-14 Tahoe that is running LED's with the projectors in the Spyders, and wondering how it performs. Another member on here is running HID's in them, hoping he posts pics soon of the cutoff to show their output. Since I've had miserable luck with a full HID retrofit in stock-style headlights, I'm wondering what route to go if I use Spyder's.

Hopefully someone is running LED's with them, with pics and video.

Dempski13

Reaction score
Yeah, I've searched. Yeah, I see the sticky threads and have read/searched them too. Spare yourself criticism about searching, its not easy with common words.

I am specifically looking for anyone with a 07-14 Tahoe that is running LED's with the projectors in the Spyders, and wondering how it performs. Another member on here is running HID's in them, hoping he posts pics soon of the cutoff to show their output. Since I've had miserable luck with a full HID retrofit in stock-style headlights, I'm wondering what route to go if I use Spyder's.

Hopefully someone is running LED's with them, with pics and video.

I've been following your other thread and its too bad of the result.

Now i fell victim to the spyder headlight before i did my research on here. Long story short, i had a set of spyders, they sucked for light output as we all know.

So i ended up buying The retro fit source Spyder upgrade projector kit. see below

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/p...o-retroquik-spyder.html?preselect=51266,47860

Then i bought VLEDS Micro LED 6k, see below

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/led-headlights/h1-micro/micro-h1.html

I have completed the retro and install on the truck, have just yet to get proper alignment (exact alignment will be impossible)

Here is the biggest problem, the passenger projector mounting locations in the spyder headlight were not level horizontally. So making a perfectly straight cut off line is impossible.(its annoying as hell, but im hoping ti will be better once i can bring the drivers side up to closely match)

I have modified the headlight mounting as much as possible and it is as good as it will get.

This was the most frustrating thing, as really you can't do anything to change it, its the factory mounting in the spyder headlight. Now the driver side seems very level. Whenever i can get the bumper off and try to adjust the driver side a little better i can post up some pictures, just haven't got around to it yet.

Now, light output is tremendous compared to before, even without proper alignment (driver side is low, passenger height is good).

I did wire in the bi xeon solenoid to open when high beams are activated, the high beam output rocks.

Ill try to upload some install photos i took. Also i will try and get some actually night shots when i can complete it. A young child equals much less garage time.

If you just change to the LED bulb in the Spyder stock projectors i think you will be disappointed.

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you end up going with? I'm in need of new headlights (fogged over on the inside) and would prefer to buy an upgrade vs replacing with stock.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you end up going with? I'm in need of new headlights (fogged over on the inside) and would prefer to buy an upgrade vs replacing with stock.
I'm actually back looking again. I've given up on the HID's, I just don't have the drive any longer to get them going.

I hate to even admit it, but I'm considering a knockoff set of OEM headlamp assemblies and some LED's just for lowbeam......

vt_hokie2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm actually back looking again. I've given up on the HID's, I just don't have the drive any longer to get them going.

I hate to even admit it, but I'm considering a knockoff set of OEM headlamp assemblies and some LED's just for lowbeam......

That sucks. I hate to do an actual retrofit since VA police will write you for "improper equipment" for anything that isn't factory, so I'd rather put less into it if I end up having to remove it.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. I hate to do an actual retrofit since VA police will write you for "improper equipment" for anything that isn't factory, so I'd rather put less into it if I end up having to remove it.
Mine looked 100% factory with the HID route I installed. Just the fact the Tahoe headlights suck for aiming adjustment is the only reason I gave up. Others have used JB Weld to get the desired aim, but after hearing that I lost interest. But damn it looked good all installed....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz